General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

WTF?? OIL blowing out at startup??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF?? OIL blowing out at startup??

Yesterday i noticed some fresh oil in my normal parking spot. So i checked underneath the car and couldn't find but a small drop at the bottom of my trans near the oil filter. Checked the oil, nothing too bad about midway in the thatched area on the dipstick. So i blow it off.

Well today, when i first started the car i looked in my rearview mirror and saw another puddle of fresh oil So i look under the car and can't see any leaks. It seems as though it only happens on startup....

This first started yesterday, and i beleive it only happens after the car has been sitting. I'm hoping its only a loose filter. WHat do you guys think???
Old 10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Mine is doing the same thing. My mechanic noticed it was leaking a little bit of oil while it was in his shop and said it was caused by whoever had previously changed the oil, which was Jiffy Lube (which was a mistake). The car has never leaked oil until now so I'm hoping its a loose filter as well.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6Jayson
Mine is doing the same thing. My mechanic noticed it was leaking a little bit of oil while it was in his shop and said it was caused by whoever had previously changed the oil, which was Jiffy Lube (which was a mistake). The car has never leaked oil until now so I'm hoping its a loose filter as well.
Yea, same boat as me, 5-minute Oil Change did mine. I dunno, i never had a problem with them before though. Its been about 1000 miles since my oil change though, did yours start right away?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

I had this problem and thought that it was the filter nope, it ended up being the rear main seal.