Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I know there is a photoshop thread, but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know there is a photoshop thread, but...

As the title states I know there is a photoshop thread and I've already posted there but got no response I was wondering if ne1 in here could give it a shot or atleast give me some input on which way they think the car will look best. Im also highly considering vfn's ram air hood as well. Here is what was posted in the other forum:

hey not sure if these pics will help or if this is even possible, but could someone put the slp ram air (first pic) and raptor (second pic) on my car (third pic)? Thanks!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it depends on the look you are goin for with your car.. IMO the SLP hood looks mean as hell and is like "dont **** with me". And the other one is more sleek.. If it were me id get the SLP because its crazy and not that many people have it.. Then you need the engine mods to back it up.. lol
Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Get the SLP, it looks so badass. I'm the only one in my area I've seen with it. Just make sure the body shop fits it to your standards, or it will look crappy.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

got ne pics whiterabbit? the only reason im not too sure about the slp is because i dont want the front of the car to look too mean compared to the back since i have the regular firebird hatch.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpticar
got ne pics whiterabbit? the only reason im not too sure about the slp is because i dont want the front of the car to look too mean compared to the back since i have the regular firebird hatch.
OH i did not notice that.. I think you should get the lower one because of the spoiler unless you plan to put a TA hatch on..
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea thats what i was thinkin. i was also curious as to how the mecham firebird/formula lip would look with the raptor or vfn ram air. might make the car look nice and sleek
Old 10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get the SLP! I am also the only one in my area with one, you see a lot of look a like ws6 hoods.... but the SLP does stand out from the rest!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Here are some pics to help you decide!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man am i the only one who HATES the slp hood? a friend of mine got it on his midnight blue metallic (or nocturn blue metallic whatever) trans am....and i thought it was atrocious in person....

Its way to over the top...ws6 or raptor hood....man the slp looks like your trying to hard...and on a firebird, thats saying alot...jmho tho....
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by arioch
man am i the only one who HATES the slp hood? a friend of mine got it on his midnight blue metallic (or nocturn blue metallic whatever) trans am....and i thought it was atrocious in person....

Its way to over the top...ws6 or raptor hood....man the slp looks like your trying to hard...and on a firebird, thats saying alot...jmho tho....
But in reality is not bigger than a ws6 hood, at least doesn't look bigger to be in person, it just blends the ram air opening into two nostrils, its less wider at the back as it gets closer to the windshield......... I don't see where the statement that "it needs to be backed with the mods" comes from......
Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya i see what you mean.....it seems like it the raised portions sit higher than the OEM ws6 hood tho....

It just doesnt flow with the lines of the car for me...i guess i need something with a bit more curve to it (i.e. the raptor/firehawk hood)
Old 10-02-2007, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea im leaning towards the raptor or vfn. vfn is such a great hood, great fitting from what i hear, and great price too
Old 10-02-2007, 09:34 AM
8 Second Club

ya i see what you mean.....it seems like it the raised portions sit higher than the OEM ws6 hood tho....

It just doesnt flow with the lines of the car for me...i guess i need something with a bit more curve to it (i.e. the raptor/firehawk hood)
Hmmm. Well, I know what you mean. But I don't think it's the hoods fault. Look at the way the front tip of hood matches with the front bumber... It doesn't. I looks pretty rough in the front.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not a fan of it either , I love the raptor/firehawk hoods though and I think it would look great on that car
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmmm. Well, I know what you mean. But I don't think it's the hoods fault. Look at the way the front tip of hood matches with the front bumber... It doesn't. I looks pretty rough in the front.
i think thats what i was trying to say through my drunkeness
Old 10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok so its basically narrowed down to raptor or vfn ram air. Only problem is that im not sure if my hood will need to be replace or not. I need to go to the body shop and see if they say its repairable or not. If its not repairable then ill def get the rapto, since some other guys insurance is paying , but if it is repairable I may stillg et the vfn ram air since it is cheaper, and the paint and everything will be payed for anyway.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

I think it looks amazing. transam5.7lt1's hood doesn't look fitted right. It looks like it's pushed back a bit. Mine has never had that gap in the front. Like I said, it all comes down to the shop that fits it.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the pics whiterabbit. I like the hood but i think its too aggressive for the look im goin for
Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Thats understandable. Sometimes sleek is better than mean. I've always liked the WS6 hoods except for the fact that it makes it 4 nostrils, instead of two. If I had a WS6 hood, I would chop it and make it two nostrils. but the raptor hood looks really nice too.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit22

I think it looks amazing. transam5.7lt1's hood doesn't look fitted right. It looks like it's pushed back a bit. Mine has never had that gap in the front. Like I said, it all comes down to the shop that fits it.
Yeah, you're right, my hood does need some alignment up front, but I like it more than a WS6, yours seems to sit way lower. I'll mess around with my hood this weekend.

Quick Reply: I know there is a photoshop thread, but...