Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need future mod advice...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need future mod advice...

Alright so here's what i have.....im about to install a set of pacesetter long tubes, a pacesetter ORY, and a LS6 intake.....now..first of all, how much are these mods gonna wake up this tired old LS1?..And second, am i gonna need to get a tune right away to even be able to use any of the power im gaining. I also plan on changing out the plugs, fuel filter and possibly sea foaming the car one more time before i swap the plugs/filter.......the LT's are coming with extensions for the upstream sensors, all i need are different clamps, gaskets and header bolts. I'm mainly just wanting to see if I need a tune right away to keep from messing other things up like the 02 sensors or having codes thrown for not having cats anymore. Thanks guys

(If i didn't make myself clear please feel free to ask me what the hell i said..lol)

Last edited by The Postman; 10-02-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:45 AM
TECH Junkie

you DON'T need a tune to take advantage of any of those mods. would it help...YES...but 75% of the gains of the tune would be seen if you tuned it before those mods.

with no cats you'll throw the SES for the rear sensors. not a big deal since those codes have NO AFFECT on the running condition of the motor. the O2 extensions are for the upstream sensors.

figure 15-20hp from the exhaust, and 10 from the intake...should really wake up the car...particularly on the top end.

oh...i reused my stock manifold bolts with my headers...just an FYI
Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 AM
12 Second Club

hey man, thanks for the imput, I didn't even notice that i put the wrong sensors in the post...thanks for catching that......but let me ask you this, whats the difference between getting it tuned after the mods and getting it tuned before??.....I know im gonna tune it, but i don't know when.