Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alternative cme options, need your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default alternative cme options, need your opinions

i want a cme on my ss, but dont want to lose the ground clearance especially after i lower the car becouse of the cme valance. becouse of how the cme tips route the exhaust in from the sides, you need the valance to hide the 90 degree bend and clean up the look. what do you think of using maybe some tips simmiler to the z28 tips, since they enter from the rear not the sides, you could have a custom setup from the y after the axle to exit using the z28 tips in the center without the need to have the valance to make it look good. the cost of the custom pipes dosent scare me away, any cme is going to cost more money than anything else. opinions? yes, no, hell no?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the valance is pretty much needed to make it look good, whether the tips have 90* bends or not. I don't think it really makes it too low. It's still about a little higher than the nose of the car. Also it all depends on what you want to be lowered on. I'm on hotchkis springs and never had a problem with my valance scraping on a driveway. You have to be careful though and go at an angle.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im going to be using hotchkis springs and koni da's. my driveway is a bear right now with stock springs, lowered is going to be alot harder and if i had a valance, it would stay in the street the first time i tried to get in the driveway. parking in the street is out of the question, for obvious reasons plus the damn tree by the road pisses sap like its a day job. im gonna try to photo shop something and see what different setups will look like.