LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

who made the airbox functional in a 93 to 98 front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who made the airbox functional in a 93 to 98 front end swap

any one did a write up on how to do this?,as there are a lot of tubes and stuff to connect
Know there is the temp sensor from airbox to the maf that must be connected,but I see a lot of loose tubes that go down to the radiator from the old airbox.... can I just forget about them?
thanks for helping me out here
Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

What exactly do you mean make the airbox functional?

If I were you I would run a LS1 lid and lower airbox. Everything will bolt right up. There are 4 holes mounting the LS1 box while there are only two holding on the LT1 upper radiator piece. You can use the outer two and drill and tap the inner two if you want. Then to hook up the MAF you will need an aftermarket lid like a MTI or SLP. The MAF will go straight into the Lid then you can use a Fernco adapter to connect it to the TB on the LT1. If you are using the whole LS1 front clip with LS1 hood, everything should just bolt up fine and you can use a LS1 induction instead of a LT1, which some say will add a few ponies.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
What exactly do you mean make the airbox functional?

If I were you I would run a LS1 lid and lower airbox. Everything will bolt right up. There are 4 holes mounting the LS1 box while there are only two holding on the LT1 upper radiator piece. You can use the outer two and drill and tap the inner two if you want. Then to hook up the MAF you will need an aftermarket lid like a MTI or SLP. The MAF will go straight into the Lid then you can use a Fernco adapter to connect it to the TB on the LT1. If you are using the whole LS1 front clip with LS1 hood, everything should just bolt up fine and you can use a LS1 induction instead of a LT1, which some say will add a few ponies.
thanks dopdbrd, but it does not really answer my question.
I know how to connect the airbox to the maf and the maf to the tb
the thing is when I get the old airbox out of my lt1 there are 4 pieces that were conected to this box and do not know if i can just eliminate them or what
the temp sensor i know how to connect,then there is an other connector (goes in lt1 from maf to the tb) thare is a curvey rubber pipe... and than there is some plastic hockey stick that goes down the radiator(gues i could get rid of that one).
thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

hockey stick is a donky DONG and ya thats gone. i think the hose u are talking about is part of the AIR system, and the maf to tb is a vaccum harness to the opti i think...edited for formula lol

Last edited by TrammelZ28; 10-02-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: dong
Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Donkey DONG, not stick.

Anyways many have, but The Merv has done a working hack job
Old 10-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Restricted User

now that we have the donkey dick cleared,

the connecor that goes from the maf is to short now ...can I just extend it by cutting off the 3 threats...sorry might be a stupid question I know ..but I dont know sh...about engines...thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

I'm still confused. Are you trying to get the factory LT1 intake to work with a LS1 front end conversion or what are you doing?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
I'm still confused. Are you trying to get the factory LT1 intake to work with a LS1 front end conversion or what are you doing?
yep thats it,now the plug that connects to the maf is to short can I just cut it off and make it longer?...might seem a stupid question..sorry
Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Since when did a 93 F body have a MAF?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Restricted User

yep I am trying to do a ls1 lid swap.

questions...1.what you guys do with the airpump hose (do not have headers) 2.and the plug that connects to the MAF its too short now it doesnt reach the maf.
thanks