Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

question about hydraulics

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about hydraulics

Alright guys i got my car back awhile ago i drove it for 1 day and had an issue im pulling the motor/trans because i have to rebuild the motor . But anyway back to my problem before i started driving the car i replaced the clutch with LS7 and i replaced my slave cylinder i also put in a new tranny from T56 rebuilds since i just got the car back i was playing going from reverse moving a little bit then into first moved forward and then reverse and first again just making sure the tranny clutch were good.But i drove the car for 1 day and i had an issue it smelled as if something was burning. Under normal driving conditions it didnt seem to do it but not positive .Later i checked the master cylinder and i was way low on fluid so now im wondering if the slave is leaking or is it possible the master is and going onto the manifold and burning. It smells on the drivers side of the engine bay bad and inside the car and under the car on the drivers side.The clutch feels normal pressure what not .What could this problem be thanks in advance

Last edited by 71velle; 10-02-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

anyone with any simular problem anything is appreciated
Old 10-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Banned

If you are using that much fluid and smell something burning then you obivously have a leak somewhere .
Old 10-05-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

yeah i figured that much but if the slave was leaking would it make a burning smell if not im assuming its not hard to change a master with the motor out