Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast intake and 90mm TB

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fast intake and 90mm TB

I have a 02 ss camaro and I have LT's ory magnaflow catback and SLP lid don't really know what to do next thinking about the LSX fast intake with a bbk 90mm TB. isn't this mod bout' a grand? and how much does this really add for those of you who already have this mod. Should I get it?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 PM

I'm sure I could search and find similar threads, but I'd like more info as well. TTT
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kratos 2250
I have a 02 ss camaro and I have LT's ory magnaflow catback and SLP lid don't really know what to do next thinking about the LSX fast intake with a bbk 90mm TB. isn't this mod bout' a grand? and how much does this really add for those of you who already have this mod. Should I get it?

Kratos, you are definately going in the right direction if you do the FAST. You have the best supporting mods done..ie LT's w/Y and Cat back and lid. Your basic next mods SHOULD be an intake in my opinion. I definately think that you should go with the FAST and a new TB. I might stay away from the FAST TB's though becasue of sticking problems until you hear from some other members that they arent sticking anymore. I would go with the 90 FAST intake and a 90mm Nick Williams TB. This will run you about 1200 bucks. You are going to see about 15 - 20 RWHP with the intake and about another 5-10 with the TB. Someone can correct me if Im wrong with those numbers. If you ever want to do a Cam, the intake is totally recommended and prefered. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Teching In

just the info I'm looking for alright will this be hard to install or is it a bitch? because I like to save all the money that I can by doing the work myself but I don't want to mess something up. Should I get a bigger maf? will this add some horses?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

just the info I'm looking for alright will this be hard to install or is it a bitch? because I like to save all the money that I can by doing the work myself but I don't want to mess something up. Should I get a bigger maf? will this add some horses?
Honestly, DO NOT touch the MAF. Change out the MAF only when you hit over like 500+ HP. Im a huge beliver in the stock MAF, others will vouch. There are alot of horror stories.

Install wise. Question is how good are you at installing things?? Its a tough place in the engine bay but it is do able. In my opinion, I would find someone, like a friend or someone you know that is good with LS1's and have them help you, I like to learn if im not sure what to do.

One thing is to make sure you get a tune after doing this. Your car might run like crap if you dont. With mods like headers, TB, and Intake the air and fuel are going to change drastically and are going to need updating things. So get a tune. After the tune, you are going to be looking at in my opinion......50-60 to the rear wheels. I would say 20 for the intake, 10 for the TB, and 20 with the tune. That is what Im talking about for mods.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

if you just have boltons you wont gain much from the fast intake...the people that gain 20+ hp with the fast are people that have heads,cam,etc. Honestly unless you plan on doing heads and cam in the future it will be a waste. If i were you i would pick up a cam instead, you will gain more power for about the same price
Old 10-03-2007, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
After the tune, you are going to be looking at in my opinion......50-60 to the rear wheels. I would say 20 for the intake, 10 for the TB, and 20 with the tune. That is what Im talking about for mods.
your predictions for horsepower are very high...i have all botlons and a tune and i didn't gain anywhere near 50-60hp and the fast wont gain much more over an ls6 intake on a bolton only car
Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Teching In

The info is great I kinda want to do the heads and cam at the same time I see that alot of people put on the asp pulley is this a good mod and where can I buy one are there any disadvantages?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stock maf with the fast 90/90 is the way to go unless your over 500 hp then look into getting a Z06 maf and programming your computer to handle that.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

The info is great I kinda want to do the heads and cam at the same time I see that alot of people put on the asp pulley is this a good mod and where can I buy one are there any disadvantages?
I have the asp pulley. Its a nice bolt on mod to do. But I would wait till you do a cam, then kill two birds with one stone. Im sorry but if you do a cam I would do an Intake before I would put a cam in. Trust me, you are doing the right steps. Once you have the intake in you can do a cam, but if you get a cam with out a new intake, you could be killing some power. the numbers I gave you were a little high, but those numbers are possible. The tune you will see 20 because of the LT's and new intake/TB. The intake and TB numbers are a little high, but you will see results.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

Since you've already got an LS6 intake I would just port and polish your stock TB and throw a cam in it with the supporting valve train parts, plus a tune. That will cost about the same as the Fast combo, but you'll get much more HP gain for you money.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont waste your money on the Ls6 (yes i know you already have one, or to port the TB). the reason i say this is because i have a 2000 w/the ls1 intake. i battled between an ls6 intake or the FAST 90/90, and decided on the ls6. what a joke. save your money for a FAST 90/90 after you do a heads/cam to really appreciate the gains from the FAST intake...

get heads/cam before you go intake...

i had heads/cam, lt's/ory w/SLP LM, Ls6 intake/stock TB and put down 409/386. i came across a good deal on a ported FAST 90/90 that i took apart, painted and ported more myself. after install and retune i jumped to 444/395...

if you're a firm believer in doing mods yourself, you could always sell off you ls6 intake and TB to finance your FAST 90/90 while the car is in the shop getting heads/cam done (since the intake has to come off to install the new heads. 300+ dollars for the intake is 25% of a FAST 90/90, and every bit helps...
Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To me it it would not be the first mod I would consider. A cam, would see a lot more gains for the price than the intake. Although if you do plan to do extensive modding though, it wouldn't be a bad choice at all. You just need to determine how much money you want to sink in your car.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At this point your money would be much better spent on a cam. You will gain alot more power from it than the Fast 90/90. After you get H/C then get the Fast and you will see better results.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just added a Fast 90 intake with a Fast 90 tb on my bolt on car. I swapped from my ls6 and it picked up very nicely. I can't wait to get a cam in to really see the gains. I'd assume I'll be trapping 114 right now. If you have the extra money, go for it!!!