Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

power door lock switches... need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default power door lock switches... need help

I was deleting some wiring under the center console and such when I blew a lot of fuses. I replaced all the blown fuses and everything except the power door locks work as should. The power door locks work correctly with the remote but the switches do not work in the car. Is there a separate fuse for the door lock switches? Anyone know why the remote works but not the switch? Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

That will teach you to disconnect the battery when doing extensive wiring!

The door locks run off the COURTESY fuse whether using the remotes or the door switches. The locks are controlled by the BCM which receives lock/unlock signals from the remote (wireless) or the door switches (ground signal wire). None of these wires are directly under the console but they do run across the car under the dash.

Start testing with a test light or multimeter. Pull the door switch so you can get at the wires on the back. You should find three wires on the lock switch - orange with black, red with black, and black. The orange with black and the red with black wires should have power as long as the BCM hasn't gone to sleep (best way to avoid that is to put the ignition on or in the accessory position). The black wire should go straight to ground. Grounding the orange with black wire should unlock the doors. Grounding the red with black wire should lock the doors. If all that works properly then your switch is faulty. If not, then start tracing where the wire is broken or disconnected.