Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shifty clutch issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shifty clutch issues.

So about 3 weeks ago I took the TA into a Firestone for a routine R&B. Overpriced, blah blah blah.

I come back out, and my clutch is on the floor. It bugs me a little, but I didn't see the guy leave the shop, and I can't think of any reason why it would do that. No obvious leaks (other than power steering). I pull it off the clutch, pump it, and it works fine.

Now it's been a few weeks, and other than my GF complaining about how annoying it is the few times she drives, It hasn't stranded me.

However, I have noticed that it seems to get stuck. occasionally it will engage right on the floor (usually on/right after startup.) Then it will go back to the normal engagement point. I know the car has an extremely stiff Centerforce clutch, but I don't know what kind or when it went in. (Probably <2 years old).

The car will hit 100k by the end of this gas tank.

So anyway, now I have a problem of it getting stuck in and out of gear. Yesterday the clutch got stuck on the floor with the car in first, and wouldn't come off. It took a few seconds of pumping to release it. I went to Firestone, and a guy said it felt like a slave cylinder.

Cliffs: Clutch pedal sticks to floor, car stuck in and out of gear, fluid level normal. Point of engagement varies.

Master/Slave issue?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:48 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you have hydraulic issues. likely the master is done if it is sticking like that.
Sometimes a fluid flush by bleeding can help, but you might be beyond that point.