Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

mcleod adj master rebuild ?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down mcleod adj master rebuild ?

What function do the (2) stato seals perform on the m a m? I just bought the rebuild kit from Thunder and these seals that are not in the kit were on backorder (~$6 each). I have'nt taken it apart yet. I'm guessing they seal the shaft. I'd just as soon replace them at the same time if they're a wear item even though it's not leaking fluid externally (just air in).

BTW - How does "Red" the president of mclown sleep at night? nearly $50 for this $1.39 collection of crap likely made in china..douchébag
Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

The rebuild kit contained the exact same parts that came out of my mcleod, no more no less. Im not sure what the stato seals are.

Make sure you bore/hone the cylinder out before you put the new guts in too or else the rebuild will be a waste.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

What size hone do I need? Is this due to the edges of the port? Is there an exploded/cutaway view of this POS anywhere?

Thx

NickC
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kingcuda70
What size hone do I need? Is this due to the edges of the port? Is there an exploded/cutaway view of this POS anywhere?

Thx

NickC
All you need is a master cylinder hone, which you can buy at pepboys, its pretty small and has 3 hone stones/arms on it. In order to make it fit in the cylinder I had to break off one of the arms and hone it with the other 2 stones.

Its really easy to do and you should not need a cutaway to do it. All you do is pull the rubber boot off the rod, then pull the snap ring out and all the guts will then pull right out. Next take your honing tool and hook it up to a drill and put it in the cylinder and hone it till its smooth. You need to get any rough/uneven/pitted surfaces smoothed out. Reassemble the cylinder and make sure it pushes and returns smoothly.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

thx brad
Old 10-07-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingcuda70
BTW - How does "Red" the president of mclown sleep at night? nearly $50 for this $1.39 collection of crap likely made in china..douchébag
I've often wondered that myself. Worst company ive delt with in the LS1 world

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mcleod adj master rebuild ?