Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters are in...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters are in...

First, the O2 bungs had to be grinded on a little. No big deal, just needed to be worked a little bit.

I've installed hooker headers on my car before so I DO have something to compare these to.

Drivers side - all you have to remove to get them on are the spark plugs, plug wires, and the steering shaft. You DO NOT have to remove the oil diverter plate or the oil filter. It just takes a little work to get them to slide in, but they went in no problem. I only had the car up about 16-18inches on jack stands...no special setups to get the car way up in the air. The headers do ride pretty close to the K-Member, but it was not rubbing.

Passenger side - take the spark plugs, and the wires out and the headers slides in like BUTTA.

I have some issues with my band clamping abilities, but other than that, everything fits wonderfully. I think I will need to go the heater hose route on the ypipe because it bangs a little. No biggie...I figured that would happen.

I took the car out for a spin after we got it all buttoned back up. The paint will pour from the car(the paint burning off), which was expected also. Didn't have any time to get on it...it had been sprinkling a little last night and my nitto's are almost bald as it is .

Here's the video. You will need divx 5.0.5. It's 10meg for just having my car idling it may be a little big

Pacesetter long tubes/ypipe to cutout.... G5 cam
Old 06-06-2003, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Default Re: Pacesetters are in...

I helped a buddy install his Pacesetter's last Sat. We also had to open up the O2 bungs so the sensors would fit in. Unlike yours, his hit the K-member on the drivers side, had to gind it down. I think he got 00' headers cause the EGR was in a bad place coming off tube 3 and sat right in the middle of tube 2 and 3, just made it a PITA to get the spark plug in and tighten the two header bolts. They where pretty close to the floorboard, so I'm sure they will bang. Anyway, that was our experiance as well...

Dan
Old 06-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

what do you mean the paint was burning off? what paint? where did it burn off?

dan: was it banging on the floorboard? what can be done about that?
Old 06-07-2003, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Not much can be done except use a little header wrap or the heater hose mod. It was so close, I don't know how it couldn't hit it, much closer than mine where, and mine hit. I haven't heard back from my buddy yet, so I can't say for sure though...