LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone Know Proper Tps Readings

Old 10-05-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone Know Proper Tps Readings

i WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ON HEAR KNOWS THE PROPER OHMS FOR THE TPS SENSOR WHEN AT IDLE, WOT, ETC. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO IF MY TPS SENSOR IS OFF COULD THAT POSSIBLY BE CAUSING MY CAR TO SHUT DOWN AFTER A HARD RUN OR SOUND LIKE IT WANTS TO SHUT DOWN AFTER A HARD RUN? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not Ohm's, it's Volts you should be looking for. At idle it should be between .3 and .8 volts with the concensus for optimal being around .50-.55. At WOT you should be right at 5.0 Volts.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had an issue with mine for quite some time now... been procratinating on messing with it again. I switched to a holley 52mm TB and the stock TPS sensor bolted right on fine, car ran but, kept putting up low and high TPS sensor errors turning on the SES light. I used a dremel and made the thing so I can adjust it and set it at .6v idle and it goes to 5v wide open according to autotap readings. ALTHOUGH, it got rid of the low voltage issue... and now only if I floor it from a low RPM and take it all the way up to 5500-6000RPM does it turn on the SES light which when checked say TPS high voltage or something like that. That SES light will also reset itself within the next couple starts or drives too. When it happens and the light comes on.... Right at that moment it studders like a cylinder missed or something but, then it drives great again while the light is on... Any ideas?

Search this Thread