Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower airbox questions??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 01:11 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lower airbox questions??

Im going to be replacing my lower airbox because I cracked it the other day when I leaned on it working on the car. The one thats on the car is already cut up for the lid and ram air kit. I really didnt want to buy a whole new assembly and do the exact same thing to it again, so I was wondering if anyone made an aftermarket one thats already made for a ram air kit and lid. I have the Whisper lid, but next week I will be replacing it with a TS&P lid as soon as it arrives. Im also running the Fast Toys ram air kit if that matters. Thanks
Old 06-06-2003, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Lower airbox questions??

I think GM is the only place to get the lower assembly. No one makes an aftermarket one to my knowledge.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:39 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually Fast Toys makes one and is under the air/fuel section. I believe its the stealth box or something of that nature. I was wondering if anyone else made them? If not, anyone using the one from them? If so, how's the fit? Whats the quality on it? Is it worth buying? Was there any gain whatsover? Etc. etc.?? Thanks
Old 06-08-2003, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the stealth. it fits great. the bellows suck that came with it.(i just used fernco to fix that.) your lid will not fit it though, it is huge! all i need is a gm sticker on it and itll look stock! id start scoping out the junkyards first b4 i went to the dealer. good luck!