Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help deciding next appearance mod....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help deciding next appearance mod....

Ive been considering lowering my car and possibly a hood but i cant decide on what i should do. Im lookin at either some hotchkis springs or maybe an eibach pro-kit or sportlines. I dont wanna slam it on the ground because i do race it and the streets around here are crap. And i damn sure dont want it to bottom out everywhere.

Other than lowering, what hood would look good on this? what about the GFX? Im split on whether or not to leave them on or take them off. If i do, the rear spoiler will stay because im not gonna mess with fillin in any holes and repainting it anytime soon. Also, what about some blackouts on the taillights and turn signals??

Need some ideas.....
Attached Thumbnails Help deciding next appearance mod....-jaredscar1.jpg   Help deciding next appearance mod....-jaredscar2.jpg   Help deciding next appearance mod....-jaredscar3.jpg  
Old 10-06-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A prokit drop lowers it just enough for me. I hardly ever scrape and thats what I have on my car.
Might want to look into clear, smoked, or black out markers.
I have always liked the Sunoco hoods.

or the ultra z
Old 10-06-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

not sure which one--but a hood makes ALL the difference in looks for sure.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get hotchkis or bmr springs if want to lower it but are worried about ground clearance.

I would also definitely get turn signal blackouts, thats the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the picture of your car.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

yea im pretty set on turn signal blackouts. will probably go ahead and get taillight blackouts too. keep the opinions coming folks.....
Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you lower it first I would simply buy a set of Koni Single Adjustable shocks. It will handle better and you can lower it by mounting the stock springs on the lower perch in the front and doing the heater hose mod in the back.

I love my Sunoco hood but for a GFX car I would get either a traditional cowl hood or a Harwood Cowl hood...

Either way LEAVE THE GFX ON in my opinion it is not worth the money/work to remove them properly.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

about how much can the car be lowered with the lower perch and heater hose mod?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

.75 but it might just be what you need because if you get any lowering spring you will need a good set of shocks to handle the different rate anyway. A hood will definitely help the car I think an SS hood would look great on it. I usually don't like those GFX, but with the wheels and black color they actually work with the car. Plus if they are in okay condition it might be more cost effective to leave them on because there will holes all over the place to fill. As for the blackouts buy a can of vht niteshade and go to town. Good luck with the car.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lowering it, blackouts, and a hood could further improve it' s looks, but I do have a couple warnings for ya. First of all, I have the Eibach Pro Kit, and they tend to sag over time. I am closing in on probably close to 150k miles on them, but the rear springs have been sagging for a long time! As far as the blackouts, over time they will warp your taillights from the heat coming from the bulbs being trapped by the blackouts. If you don' t want to take them off though, it won' t matter!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

your car looks exactly like mine when i bought it but mine is nbm... trust me, take off the ground effects i was iffy about it too at first but i took mine off and wonder why i didnt do it sooner...get the halo headlights, blacked out turns, maybe some stainless emblems to break it up a bit and a sunoco hood.... i took gfx;s off, and am in the process of taking off the 3 piece spoiler..... i bought ss hood, ss spoiler and cme... but honestly...halo headlights and the black lens turns make a HUGE difference, sharp car man
Old 10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

ive looked around at the power perch/hose mod and id actually like it to set just a bit lower. is it ok to cut maybe a half coil or so off the springs?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackZLS1
ive looked around at the power perch/hose mod and id actually like it to set just a bit lower. is it ok to cut maybe a half coil or so off the springs?
No, it' s not ok to cut the springs. When you cut the springs you ruin the dampening rate of the springs, causing that little ghetto riceboy bounce you see in all the slapped imports, where the occupants bounce like a bunch of *** clowns everytime they hit a bump. You need to buy aftermarket springs, those small spring compressors, or thes perch/hose mod, to get your desired height.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

very nice looking z man, id say either get oem ss hood or a sunoco hood
Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackZLS1

I did that mod and it is honestly as low as you can go (on my car at least) without tire rub:

Old 10-10-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Shamles self promotion...change your antenna
Old 10-10-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would do the hood next, either an SS or VFN hood would look awesome! I personally like the SS hood best. you could also do clear or smoked clear corners, whistler or projectors/halos, or you could do an SLP grille. As for the GFX i would most definatley remove it all! Its all up to u but i would go for the hood first! cars lookin good man!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Lower it with the pro-kit (sounds like the sportlines would be a little too much from your first post) and go with a billet grill. That's all I think you need. The hood is fine to me and I like the ground effects.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

definitely lower it next
the stance is what makes a car. You can add this, that, this and that and it'll still look like a donkey's *** if you're riding like a 4x4
Old 11-21-2010, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

whistler mod i know you got your hood and ground fx off
Old 11-21-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

why not get the most bang for your buck right now...

whistler mod
VHT tails and markers
Hose mod

and maybe do your calipers/rotors, silver or red... black cherry would look cool too so the red doesnt stick out

you can do all that for less than $50

Quick Reply: Help deciding next appearance mod....