LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ignition wireing problems!!!!HELP

Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition wireing problems!!!!HELP

I have hooker headers and I am replacing the factory ignition wires. I purchased Granatelli ignition wires because the headers were melting the factory wires. I am having problems wireing the new wires because they are thinker in diameter than the factory and I cannot rout them in the same way threw the factory holding brackets. What is the best way to rout them, I thought of a few ways but was unable to. What should I do?
Old 10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
10 Second Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have Hooker headers and burnt up the first set of wires in no time. I have removed the HVAC, AIR, EGR, and ABS so I have a little bit of room to move in there. First off the passenger side is pretty much like stock but with a zip tie holding the #6 wire back from the header tieing it to the dipstick tube. Pass side #1 and #3 are in factory looms and #5 and #7 I put on the plugs and ran them down and thrugh between the motor mount and the block using zip ties to keep them seperate but close to each other, then plug them into the opti and your done. Mine has been working great for a year now.

Good luck

Search this Thread