Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What is the stock width of the 00 Z28 diff.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the stock width of the 00 Z28 diff.

I just had a fab 9in. installed with a Madman outlaw stlye, full hiem joints, hole nine yards suspension. I think the rear was made a half inch shorter, cause now my 315/35/17's are rubbing on the inside of the wheel wells. Anybody know the exact width of the stock 10-bolt? I found a print of the Strange 12-bolt housing and it shows a 64.72 in. deminsion from the end of each axle. It seems alot of people are not using synthetic rear diff. lubes. I have a True Trak diff. and the installer used the Royal Purple stuff. Was this a mistake? Help please, I just spent $5100.00 and now the diff. makes a bad vibration at 90mph and above. I'm taking the car back this Tuesday, but all the shop owner said he would do is install wheel spacers! This is completely unacceptable to me. Does SEMA provide an attorneys list for product liability suits?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you ordered a stock rear end and your wheel/ wheels rub first thing to check is to see if the rear end is centered, maybe the panhard rod mount was off on the rear end.

I asked the same question about the widths earlier, but if you ordered a custom rear end "stock width", paid all that money and it is off I sure wouldn't run a damn spacer, I would sue that guy, like yesterday.

Search this Thread