Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Temp???

Hey guys,
I have a 02 ws6 that is all stock minus lid and catback, well my temp guage is freaking out...only when the car is first started...I have had a problem with misfire for awhile and thought it might be that..I replaced the temp sensor and still not fixed...well when the car is first started it kind of surges and the temp guage goes up and down between like 100-150 just back and forth..then after the car is warm it stops...I think this is related to the misfire also, since it only does that at start up...Anyone have any ideas? I have vid of the temp guage freaking out if you need to see, just let me know...Thanks
Old 10-07-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you've already replaced the ECT sensor I'd look for something else, like the connector or wiring. Is it throwing any codes?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the ect sensor is the temp sensor then yeah i replaced it....I checked plug for the sensor but have not checked the wires yet...The only code it throws is random multiple misfire then when the car is warm it stops and code goes away....?????