LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 LT1, SES and more goodies

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 94 LT1, SES and more goodies

I have a '94 Trans Am. I have a K&N FIPK and Magnaflow catback. I just recently got Hooker Supercomps, Hooker y-pipe (which deletes the cat), and a 58mm Summit throttle body. Well, I deleted the AIR (still there, but not functional), and EGR. We made a block-off plate for the EGR with the original bracket thing, a washer, roofing nail, and some JB weld. It's hard as a rock and not causing a vacuum leak.

The throttle body is messed up, I will probably have to send it back. I went big because I figured bigger is better. I will probably send it back and get a BBK or Holley 52mm. The Summit one looks great, but the fins on the inside hit and if you hit the gas and let off, the throttle stays open at like 1100-1500rpm. Not cool. We tried return springs and it still doesn't go back to normal idle. Because of this, it shifts HARD and weird. I can't drive it like that. I tried, and it wants to burn out every time ya try to stop lol. I could only imagine driving that in a city haha.

Anyway, I'm hoping after the TB is replaced it'll be okay. However, I don't have anything to view the code it's throwing and I'm hoping it's just for the EGR. That will indeed throw a code until I get it tuned, correct? Will it running the fans at all times be okay?

And just to confirm, the fans run when the SES light is on as a security feature right?

Any other tips, suggestions, bashes, and opinions are welcome. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason the 58 mm tb is sticking is because you have to machine out the opening a little bit to have enough clearance. If you can switch it then go for it, the 52 is better until you get a ton of hp. The fans will stay on with the SES light. You should be able to take it to a local shop and have it scanned for little or no charge.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shouldn't the tb already be ported enough? I learned my lesson with going cheap, even though Summit is a good brand. I think I'll rock the stock TB until I get the motor built.

I actually just purchased a cable to hook up to my laptop. If it doesn't work, I'll take it to a shop nearby. Thanks a lot!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the tb is fine, The problem is the actual opening in the intake where the tb bolts up. there is enough clearance for the blades to open on the stocker and a 52 but not a 58 mm.