Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

first time to the track

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time to the track

hey guy's,going to the track with my b4c camaro.all stock, looking to get a base line e.t.should i do a short burnout to heat up the z rated goodyears, or go around the burnout box? this track is really sticky.going with my cousin who has an 2002 ss. he talks alot of stuff, so i hope i beat him. also , nail the throttle or ease in to it.trying to get some advice from you guy's at ls1 tech.just used to runnig slicks at the track with my other vehicles. sold them and bought something with a.c., overdrive and a little power, and i love it. thanks . also i have to say, this is a great web site!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you shouldnt burn z rated tires, they actually glaze and you wont get any traction if they are hot. the compound is too hard. just do a quick spin (around 1 sec) to clean them off, and drive around the water box. as far as how hard to launch your car, that's up to the car to decide how it'll react with z rated tires. some stick fairly well, some dont.

my first time at the track was on some dunlop sport z rated tires and i couldnt get below a 2.1 60 with a stock stalled auto. still had 8.8x runs though. goodluck!