Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Okay guys you have always helped me I need it again

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Okay guys you have always helped me I need it again

EDIT!!! So far my problem is fixed!!! I moved the narrow band o2 sensors pre turbo on each header. Now it seems to be running great thanks guys for all the help!!!!

Ok here is the setup, I have a 93 chevy truck fullsize with a turbo 6.0 in it, It was twin turbo,running great. All we changed was we went to a single turbo and of course the exhaust was changed for this, Well now since we got it done, The truck is having issues. It will not idle for crap goes from 900 to 1800 when it pleases to do so, About every 2 min it changes, My wideband goes from 12.3 all the way to 18.0 when it is idleing crazy. As it is doing this it is popping out the exhaust, We have checked for vacume leaks, grounds, All sensors pluged in. Nothing. It is bogging my mind and really pissing me off. Could i have some clogged injectors from where it sat for about a year? it has all new gas in it. No codes in the scanner we have. Anybody with some help will really help me out. Thanks guys for any help

Last edited by flippincamaro; 10-13-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it retuned? When you change the backpressure in the exhaust it affects the whole tune. (ie. VE table)
Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Um nope, i didnt. IT has always been on a mail order tune. From when it was single turbo 5.7 then to the twin 6.0 it was just changed from the 5.7 tune to the 6.0 tune. Might be that though. All answers help.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Regular

Mail order tunes just get you in the ball park of where you need to be and every once in a while it will be pretty close but RARELY dead on. I would have it dyno tuned.

As far as it sitting for a year clogged injectors is a possibility, does it run smooth when you bring it off of idle? How long has it ran since you finished your rebuild? If it has no run long enough it could be possible that the PCM needs to relearn.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive actually drove it. I drove it to a friends house so we could go over everything on it. It would idle good then. But cruising it would feel as if it would start to load up so you could hit the gas and it would be fine for another mile or two and then repeat. Well when we had it out there. We unplugged one of the banks o2 sensor and it started cruising good no popping but was idling high. So I bought a new o2 thinking the leaded gas got to it with my last setup. Put it in today and all hell broke lose. It doesnt idle, Revs on its own and the a/f is going crazy. So I put the old one back in and still the same crap. I will check all the injectors tomorrow 2 see if any is clogged. Thnaks for all the replies guys I am planning to get it street tuned here soon if I can get it to run right.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Your setup spares no expense; why waste it's potential with a mail order tune?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would guess that maybe a wire got connected wrong or maybe one isnt connected somewhere, check all your sensor wires, both sides, check to make sure your coil packs are going to the right plugs,
once i reinstalled my coil packs when i got my turbo together and had the passenger one flipped backwards so the passenger side bank was all wrong, it had trouble idling constantly backfired etc. took me a while to figure it out and i flipped the plugs to the right spark-plugs and it fixed it fine.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys I will check all this today. Thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

My idling demons were all related to Idle air control valve. I tuned and retuned, checked for vacuum leaks ect, ect, Apparently i mess the damn thing up by pushing in the plunger when I was re-installing it in my intake. Replaced that little sucker and it ran perfect. Just something else to look at. Good luck!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The idle air control fixed my reving and idling problems, But I am still having an issue with popping at idle and cruising loadup and then goes away
Old 10-13-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

So far my problem is fixed!!! I moved the narrow band o2 sensors pre turbo on each header. Now it seems to be running great thanks guys for all the help!!!!