PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got an SES light today

Old 06-08-2003, 07:01 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got an SES light today

I was driving down a backroad today with my mom in the car. I was in 4th gear at about 22-2500RPMS, and downshifted into third. I brought it up to 5000 and shifted into 4th, then shifted into 5th to get to 2 grand again. At this point my SES light came on and it bugged me all the way up to the lake house. Turned the car off, let it sit, and it was still there when I started it again. I'm gonna pull codes out of it tomorrow in my auto tech class. Any ideas of what might have caused this?

Rob
Old 06-08-2003, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got an SES light today

not nearly enough information for us to help you.. let us know what codes you got.....
Old 06-08-2003, 10:24 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

That's what I figured, just thought people might be able to take a random guess :p. Tomorrow afternoon I should have the codes. Thanks
Rob
Old 06-09-2003, 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take a shot in the dark and say it's something with the MAF ...
Old 06-09-2003, 09:37 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Hmm, MAF huh? I'm gonna guess it has something to do with a class a AIR code or something along those lines. When I installed my catback it did throw a code that had to do with the AIR pump. I deleted it and it never came back. Hope it's not the MAF, everything is practically brand new on the car.

Rob
Old 06-09-2003, 02:04 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Got the code today. I believe it was P 0410 Secondary Air Injection Pump. This is the second time it has thrown this code. The car is an '02 and it does have a Direct Flow lid w/filter on AIR hose. It first threw the code when I installed my Hooker Catback, figured it was just a coincidence. Now it happens again and I'm wondering if the solenoid under the wiper cowl is malfunctioning? I didn't want to go taking things apart but I figured the least I could do was take the small plastic hose off and see if it had vacuum. Unfortunately, ran out of time and just cleared the code. Anyway, does anyone have any experience or advise on what to do about it. I know it's just the AIR system but just the fact that there's a problem pisses me off. Thanks in advance,
Rob

Search this Thread