Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to log Spark Retard

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to log Spark Retard

I have EFILive v5, and I'm trying to log Spark Retard, but it won't let me. On the list of fields that you can log, quite a few of them have a red "X" over the icon next to them. Spark Retard is one of those. What has to be done so it can be logged? Thanks for any help.

Jeff
Old 06-09-2003, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: trying to log Spark Retard

anybody?
Old 06-09-2003, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

When I start EFILive up, it goes through it's start-up routine (system checks, or whatever). Next a window pops up that says "Not all Systems Readiness Tests Have Been Completed." Inside this window is a list of the different systems in the car. Some of them have green check marks beside them, which means that the systems readiness test for that particular system has been completed. Only one has a red X by it, Evaporative System. That means that the test for it hasn't been completed. And some of them have blue X's by them. This means "Test is not supported on this vehicle." The ones that have this by them are: Reserved, Heated Catalyst, and A/C System Refrigerant. When I click the button that "checks if PID's are valid for supported vehicle", it says "198 of 318 PID's are supported for the connected vehicle." Does anybody have a clue what's going on here? Thanks.

Jeff
Old 06-09-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Look for another field that does the same thing. I use one title KNOCK. Many times there is more than one field that does the same thing, it just depends on what your year/car supports.

Eric
Old 06-09-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I start EFILive up, it goes through it's start-up routine (system checks, or whatever). Next a window pops up that says "Not all Systems Readiness Tests Have Been Completed." Inside this window is a list of the different systems in the car. Some of them have green check marks beside them, which means that the systems readiness test for that particular system has been completed. Only one has a red X by it, Evaporative System. That means that the test for it hasn't been completed. And some of them have blue X's by them. This means "Test is not supported on this vehicle." The ones that have this by them are: Reserved, Heated Catalyst, and A/C System Refrigerant. When I click the button that "checks if PID's are valid for supported vehicle", it says "198 of 318 PID's are supported for the connected vehicle." Does anybody have a clue what's going on here? Thanks.

Jeff
PM EFILIVE5..... he will be able to answer your questions