Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ok head gaskets ,head studs for up to 20psi on my planned 408 6.0 iron block

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ok head gaskets ,head studs for up to 20psi on my planned 408 6.0 iron block

Ok I know the fast intake is not supposed to take much over 20psi. I likely will run 15 to 18psi max and most of the time likely run 10psi or 12 daily.
Keep some in reserve for rare occasions it will be needed.

Getting AFR 225 heads. What head gasket should I get. I have used cometic on my eagle talon. I am going with 6.0 engine not lsx I think. I don't mind using gm if they will do the job. Also should I go with arp regular studs or is there something better like arp l19 studs? I don't want to have problems with lifting heads. I don't likely have to hit 20psi either think should be able to hit my goals of 850rwhp on a 408 with afr 225s and my twin turbo kit and
cam at 15 to 18psi. So lower boost should make it easier to keep heads on there.

I realize detonation can make heads lift and head gaskets fail. Not a rookie with these turbo cars just not turbo f bodies.

Also does the msl gm or cometic require any special prep to the afr heads or the block surfaces? And do you guys use copper spray with your various head gasket choices?
Old 10-13-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mls are fine, many say gm bolts are fine but you can use the regular arp. I too am getting a 408 built right now for my single front mount turbo. I ironically jsut sold my turbo'd 95 GSX eclispe this summer. After I got my T/A why the **** would want to burn in the rice anymore, lol I live in Lloydminster, not too far from you. Do you ever go to SIR in Stoon? Good Luck in the build, I know I will have a fun winter. Can't wait, well mostly for spring
Old 10-13-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So wondering about any block or head prep for the gm mls gaskets. And should I use copper spray? Do you just buy 6.0 gaskets even though you are a 408? Anyone know part numbers?
I still think going for sure with arp studs and thought arp makes an l19 that is better yet? Not worried about cost doing this right is more important to me.

As for the talons I am sorry but I love my 97 awd talon even though its dead with a spun bearing thru a mistake on my part on the rebuild. I am also buidling a 91 auto talon pure race car currently and have a 91 laser turbo that am selling.
My 97 is seriously modded up Forced performance 3065 turbo and all the goodies. The talons are light around 3100 pounds z06 weight and with awd you get fantastic 60fts even on street tires. I am used to working on the cars most things are easy to do on them. Plugs in 5 minutes, wires 5 minutes, fuel pump is easy with hatch access door,cams are easy.turbo swaps are easy. They have kevlar belts since its interference motor they are a good idea. Unfortunately not for my 2.4 in my 97 talon though.
I love both my v8s and my dsms. No plans to sell them but do plan on a vette also sooner or later..c6 or newer.

Feel free to email me if you would like to talk about cars..v8s or dsms.

Quick Reply: Ok head gaskets ,head studs for up to 20psi on my planned 408 6.0 iron block