Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fresh Rebuild acting up bad!!! HELP!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fresh Rebuild acting up bad!!! HELP!!!

I have a 90 GTA Trans Am with a 92 Corvette LT1 swap.

700R4-Kevlar bands, clutches, Vette Servo, Beast Sunshell, TransPak shift kit. Correct Throttle Body and TV cable geometry (adjusted properly)

Driving home from work, I was coming off of a light and it hesitated slightly until I backed off the throttle. Then about 2 miles later I left another stoplight and without any weird sounds, I lost all forward gears and reverse.
When you put it in any gear there is no noise, no metal to metal sound. Dropped the pan, fluid is clean with no shavings in it....

Could it be a bad converter? This converter has been through 2 tranny failures but I have flushed it every time and it hasn't given me a problem. Now from the Converter/Flexplate there is a metal to metal sound, like the converter came apart inside.

If anybody can give me some help I would appreciate it. If there are anymore details that you need that I haven't given then let me know.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

More that likley the pump failed. Unfortunatly you will need to reinstall pan and put fluild back in the verify this, But I would about bet on it, What were the other failures you mentioned?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Third gear clutch failing. Due to having the TV cable incorrect.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Ok well this time you have a broken pump either its just failed or the converter was not properly indexed into pump , Thats would be my guess , If you put the pan back on you can put fluid in and start with a line loose to verify. Or just pull the trans and look whichever but thats what I am afraid you will find either way

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread