Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here from Texas!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New here from Texas!

Hey y'all... I'm new to this sight and wanted to say hello. I knew nothing about this site existing until I stumbled accross it. I went to the Yahoo search engine to help find an estimated cost of a repainted hood and that's when I found LS1Tech.

Anyway, my truck is a red 4-door 2006 V8 Chevrolet Silverado LS 1500. It has very few scratches on it but the problem is the hood. I have more than a few "rock" chips in the paint on the very front of my hood and I just hate that it's the only part that doesn't look that clean when I get it washed. What do y'all think it would cost me to get my hood repainted? Also, are there any other solutions for this besides having to get my entire hood repainted?

Thanks!
Jen
Old 10-15-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, there are a few ways to go about this. New hood, new paint....

or Wet sand, big buff job, etc. Can you post a pic of the hood?? Also at the top of the website, there is a tab to PerformanceTrucks.net. (Your name and password will work on that site as well) Those guys can surely help you out in a more detailed response.

Hopefully you can get it all worked out.

Gray
Old 10-15-2007, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the response. You seem to be the only one that's tried to help out here. I'm not able to post a pic right now but I will try that tab/site. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

No problem. Once again, enjoy your time on the board.

Side note, depending on where you are at here in Houston, there are a few body shops (if you have to go that way) that can help you out. Richie Collision, Lane's, etc. Quite a few others I could suggest as well. Let us know.