Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clips for cooler line coming out of trans. 4L60

Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clips for cooler line coming out of trans. 4L60

According to the parts guy at my local chevy house, he tells me that he can only get those clips with a new cooler line assembly. Does anyone know where I can get these clips so I have them here and at the ready for when I stab my transmission this week? I just don't want to be stuck having to leave the job half finished b/c I lost those damn clips.

TIA
Old 10-15-2007, 05:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

they come in the rebuild kits however why dont you just bypass all of that and get a external cooler and will be alot better and then you wont need the clips
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the clips, clean them, straighten them out, put them in a ziplock bag, place the bag on the drivers seat.... continue.

Before you start the job call around to some local tranny shops and ask if they will sell you those clips. I would bet they would give them to you.

If you still are in a bind, just can't do without them... call me and I'll send you a couple.

It will not be a problem to reuse the old ones though.

g
Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I swear that I saw a delco package at one time with them. If you need some shoot me a pm with your name and address. I will drop them in an envelope and send them to you. Not a problem. Vince
Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Maybe I was mistaken, but aren't there clips at the trans end of the lines?, not just on the cooler side? I plan on using an aftermarket cooler and ditching the factory all together. I was just wondering about them b/c I was told they have a tendency to go flying never to be found again.

Anyhow, thanks for the replies guys. Vince, I probably should have mentioned something about them earlier when we spoke. I'm Jarrod that just purchased the Level 4 you were shipping out for today to Norman, OK
Old 10-15-2007, 11:01 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Robert was confused when he posted that about the cooler and seems to happen quite often. None the less the new trans from us comes complete with bell housing, tail housing and with cooler line fittings already installed in the case. The clips have already been installed as well. When you put your trans in just push the lines into the fittings until they snap into place and your done. The trick to this is to install the clips first and then the lines. Your good to go Jerrod. Enjoy your new trans and make sure to give me a call when you get it all in to return the core. Thank you for purchase of the trans and your time as well. Vince

Last edited by FLT; 10-16-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: wrong pb
Old 10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

HI vince how are you? That was me that posted and yes maybe I was a little confused as to what he was asking and yes there are clips on the tranny side and the radiator side. From the title of the post it sounded like they came out and were missing and you needed some sorry for my confusion.....However if you know the right people I have a 1 gallon zip-lock baggy full of them cost me 10 bucks
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clips for cooler line coming out of trans. 4L60