PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

instaalled a 160 degree thermostat???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default instaalled a 160 degree thermostat???

I installed a 160 degree thermostat and added a hpp3 (which is junk) My problem it still runs at 210 degrees is this normal I even programmed it with the hpp3 for the fans to kick on. I had a 97 ta and this same mod and the thermostat wouldnt get above 160? I have a 2001 camaro ss all stock except for this mod it is an automatic my best et stock was 13.01 I was hoping to get into the 12's with this but since then my best et is 13.24 and i know it should be faster than this it was faster stock if any one has any suggestions it will be much apperciated thank you my email is ls1supersport@webtv.net
Old 06-09-2003, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: instaalled a 160 degree thermostat???

Might wanna check your coolant level to make sure you didnt have air in the cooling system. That was my problem.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: instaalled a 160 degree thermostat???

the thermostat is a "padded thermostat" gm did this cause of customer compaints i guess but basiclly dont lisen to it cause it will only change if your really cold or really hot. most report a good deal drop in temps when using auto tap to measure temps as long as you are using both the tunning and the proper fan settings as far as the tunning hurting id give it a couple of weeks and a few more runs and if you still don find gains than remove it cause what that telly ya is your probaly running too lean with the tunning or mabye you dont have god enough gas in your area to use it . i kow down here the tunning helped in the winter but i ran too lean in summer but after my exaust has a couple weeks tyo be learned in to the comp im gonna give it another try. and finally if you are just down right unhappy call hypertech and let em know thell re-tune the progran using your emssissions file it gets when you plug it in and then you might be more satsfied with it or atleast i was good luck