Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Input requested on upgrades to my stereo

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Input requested on upgrades to my stereo

First off, has anyone had experience with this deck, JVC KD-BT1

It looks like it would meet all my needs and I like the fact it has changeable colors to match my dash.

I was thinking about adding a Stealth box, a small amp and a 10" sub.

Could I keep my Monsoon amp and power the rear speakers and get up graded mid subs for the sails and some components powered of the deck.

My car is more about power and handling than interior and stereo, but it would be nice to enjoy some tunes out on a cruise.

I will be talking to Kee about some of the speakers to fit my limited budget needs. The new motor is getting the majority of my funds.

I will also add an HU Mount for a little bling. Now that I know they are 20 minute from my house.

Thanks in advance for you help.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got you covered for whatever you need, just let me know. All of what you posted is doable. However, if you plan on powering your speakers from the deck you can do full range in the doors AND the sails without having to do just a midbass only, because your deck is full range in both areas unlike the Monsoon. This frees up some more options as far as speakers go for the sails. Just PM me with a budget and I can get back to with some options in your price range that will sound good!!
That deck looks great and should perform well! I have the AVX1 and it is a very nice deck. I just miss my rotory volume controls...other than that it is great. The one your looking at is a very nice deck. I carry some of the JVC line, I can check with my distributor and see if I can get a better price for you.