Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Why hello there!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why hello there!

Hrm...ok.Lets see if I remember how to do these introduction kinda things...I'm Kevin, 19 years old, from Racine WI, and a few months ago decided that I didn't like driving my 04 Cadillac CTS VTXi anymore. There just wasn't enough power (Keep in mind the VTXi is mainly a styling kit, with nothing more than a 3.6L V6 making the power, somewhere around 255HP and 265lbs/ft) So I looked around for an F-body, any F-body with a V8, T-Tops, and a 6-sp. After a few weeks of searching around, I stumble on (by accident too, I wasn't even really looking at the exact moment) a Superclean 99 Camaro SS, with decently high milage (99K on the odo). Only one very small dent on the pass. rocker panel, and that was it. Front bumper had no chips, no scratches, nothing. The car was owned by a 65 yr old grandfather who loved the car. Never seen snow, but has een many pleasure cruises, on every nice day outside. Not beaten much (you have to get on the gas once and a while in these cars) and came with MSD wires and an SLP Loudmouth cat-back. Mods I was planning to do but this saved me the money. I got rid of the Cadillac and bought the Camaro. And what do you know, let a 19 year old drive an SS Camaro, he's bound to break something. I just so happened to grenade the spider gears in my rear end. So, the reason I'm here. I'm looking for a 10 bolt rear end with traction control and ABS (duh) with 3.42 gears in the rear. When I do that, I'm going to be sticking around here to get some more helpful hints and tips and mainly just chat with some cool people. I can't get on the computer much anymore (Work 2 jobs and come home to work on my own crap) so It may not seem like I'll be on here much, but I will try to be.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the badass ride man! sorry to hear about your rearend issue. it's a pretty common theme. if you really want another 10 bolt to toss in there, your best bet would probably be to check the for sale section and post a thread in the wanted section in here. i wouldn't recommend getting another one though even if you have to wait a little longer to scrap the cash to get a ford 9", it's well worth the wait. we have a great sponsor on here for rearends...driveline solutions. they do great work, i'd atleast give them a phone call.