Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Not a normal bleeding question...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Not a normal bleeding question...

So... I've got an 0Z700. It did have the low engagement when I first put it in. Threw in a new bench bled master and all was good. Then, one night at the track, the braided line came loose from the slave. The reservoir emptied and now my low engagement is back. I have bled it from below and also tried the MightyVac. Still too low.

The question is - Do you think I got air back up in the MC and do I need to pull it and bench bleed it? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Truth be told, I'd rather pull the tranny than the MC cuz it's such a pain...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try and bench bleed the master again. Might as well eliminate that. Not for sure how you pull it, but it seems easiest snaking it up along the header from the bottom. Then feed the resevoir under the brake booster.

Is the metal retainer clip on the line bad? Let's say "theoretically" one of the little metal tabs is worn out allowing the line to push away while you push in the peddle. While releasing the clutch, it could be sucking in a little air since the plunger on the line is open. Of course you would be loosing fluid as well.

Never had that happen, but little things like that can be overlooked.

Last edited by WFOWS6_IL; 10-22-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not a normal bleeding question...