Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just got my F1 ProCharger installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my F1 ProCharger installed

I've gone from stock to a G-Trim Vortech to a STS GT70 and now a F1 ProCharger and all I've got to say is *&&U(@_)(@#$( WOW!

This thing is a freaking animal. I'm still running the turbo cam that I built the motor with and still need to update the fuel pumps. The shop that did the install pulled a bunch of timing out to keep it safe and with it needing more fuel and little timing it still made 573 RWHP @ 5500 rpm. I'm running a stock in take pump with a in-line boost pump from the Vortech blower. My mechanic said it should be close to 675 RWHP after we fix the lack of fuel problem and add timing back in. All I know is the F1 ProCharger is unbelievable!

Later all
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

wow thats gonna be a beast, cant wait to see some more dyno #s and maybe some track times.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:22 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet! Welcome to the dark side
Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

so how does it compare to the sts and vortech?? different powerbands???
Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm, I almost bought a F1A for my 408b than came across a turbo kit I couldn't say no too. Let us know how it goes and how they compare
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nojdrof
I've gone from stock to a G-Trim Vortech to a STS GT70 and now a F1 ProCharger and all I've got to say is *&&U(@_)(@#$( WOW!

This thing is a freaking animal. I'm still running the turbo cam that I built the motor with and still need to update the fuel pumps. The shop that did the install pulled a bunch of timing out to keep it safe and with it needing more fuel and little timing it still made 573 RWHP @ 5500 rpm. I'm running a stock in take pump with a in-line boost pump from the Vortech blower. My mechanic said it should be close to 675 RWHP after we fix the lack of fuel problem and add timing back in. All I know is the F1 ProCharger is unbelievable!

Later all
Stand by for LOTS OF POWER
Old 10-19-2007, 04:24 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Jon, get a good fuel system in there and add some boost!

Check out what we did for the fuel system on my F1A here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12 Bob
Old 10-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02NBMFormula
so how does it compare to the sts and vortech?? different powerbands???
How does it compare to the Vortech G-trim? There is no comparison the f1 must flow twice as much air. Compared to the turbo the car feels like it has a nasty big block in it. The power is there now you don't have to wait for the turbo to spool up. For the street I like the blower allot more than the turbo.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What size motor are you running?
Old 10-21-2007, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoneSS
What size motor are you running?
It's a 6 liter
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

say good bye to that 4l60
4L80 or TH400 time
Old 10-21-2007, 07:40 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

How does it compare to the Vortech G-trim? There is no comparison the f1 must flow twice as much air. Compared to the turbo the car feels like it has a nasty big block in it. The power is there now you don't have to wait for the turbo to spool up. For the street I like the blower allot more than the turbo.
Thats is a very good anology! The F1 and F1A blowers are indeed animals! Bob
Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Thats is a very good anology! The F1 and F1A blowers are indeed animals! Bob
Having a little problem that Bob may be able to help me with... I drove into town yesterday and while in traffic (for about 5 minutes) I noticed my temp gauge was up over 220 degrees. I immediately turned off the AC and got the car on a long stretch of road. The temp came back down to about 200 degrees and I stopped at a store. I let it cool down for about an hour and than drove home with out the AC on. Today I spoke to my mechanic and asked him if he had any idea why my car was running hot and he said this was one thing he didn't like about the ProCharger in that you lose a fan due to the design. He said I will need to install a better radiator to fix the problem. Do you have a cheaper way to fix this?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
9 Second Club

Ask your tuner if he lowered the temp in the program to make the fan's come on sooner! If it is at factory setting's then it need's to be lowered, so the fan's will come on sooner.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Having a little problem that Bob may be able to help me with... I drove into town yesterday and while in traffic (for about 5 minutes) I noticed my temp gauge was up over 220 degrees. I immediately turned off the AC and got the car on a long stretch of road. The temp came back down to about 200 degrees and I stopped at a store. I let it cool down for about an hour and than drove home with out the AC on. Today I spoke to my mechanic and asked him if he had any idea why my car was running hot and he said this was one thing he didn't like about the ProCharger in that you lose a fan due to the design. He said I will need to install a better radiator to fix the problem. Do you have a cheaper way to fix this?

Thanks

I'd hold off on buying a "better" radiator unitl you check out what is going on. I seem to recall a few F bodies out there that are able to keep their cool with the single fan.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:23 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Do indeed make sure the fan temp has been turned down, as has been suggested. Do you have a 160 degree thermostat installed? If not, pick one up for it. You also want to make sure the fan is wired to pull air through the radiator, not into it. It is very easy to wire the fan wrong. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 10-23-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned

keep in mind it wasn't just A turbo - it was an STS kit which are known to be laggy.

i'm sure it would be a different story if you had the turbo up front.

not that a GT70 would flow as much as an F1, but something to think about.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Later all
Did RMCR do the install? If so that is my old kit! Enjoy it.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Procharger=heatsoaked *****!! Thay make good power but damn thay really heat up an engine bay. I had a p1sc kit for a couple of years and even with a 160 t-stat and fans programmed to come on a 175, sitting in traffic on a hot day would climb up over 200. Thats with dual fans. I know a guy that has an F1 on a 04 gto tuned by epp, when its cool out it screams. On a hot day i bet that car is down 40whp.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Procharger=heatsoaked *****!! Thay make good power but damn thay really heat up an engine bay. I had a p1sc kit for a couple of years and even with a 160 t-stat and fans programmed to come on a 175, sitting in traffic on a hot day would climb up over 200. Thats with dual fans. I know a guy that has an F1 on a 04 gto tuned by epp, when its cool out it screams. On a hot day i bet that car is down 40whp.
If you take an '03-'04 Cobra or a Ford Lightning, and do back to back runs, they lose 50 rwhp on my Mustang Chassis Dyno. Years ago we had a Ford Dyno day at my shop, and this was common knowledge amongst the Ford loyalist. They said they there times really slowed at the track after one run as well.
When we were tuning my '99 Camaro for the LSX Shootout, we only lost at most 12 rwhp between runs. In fact, my inlet air temps only climbed two degrees from the beginning of the run to the end!

That '04 GTO of Scott's has a stock bottom end, with an F1A with a one of a kind 5.50" blower pulley, and it is making slightly less than 7 psi. The F1A is this combination certainly is not in it's efficient range by any means! Scott knows this, but wisely picked the F1A as he has future plans for the car.

Our '95 Formula with a P-1SC can make back to back runs all night long, and it runs consistant 11.31-11.32 at 118 mph.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...tCar.php?car=7
Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 10-23-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Just got my F1 ProCharger installed