Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th-350 in LT1 car

Old 10-18-2007, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default th-350 in LT1 car

got my converter out of ptc (in texas) just a small unit as this is my daily driver. had some nasty vibration when holding a consistent rpm. NO MATTER WHAT gear was selected....INCLUDING park!!! becuase the vibration was present in park....i believe i narrowed the problem down to the converter since it is the only part spinning while tranny is in park. no modifications were done to the motor while trans was in progress....so that should rule out something in front of the converter being out of balance.

now it is my understanding that with the lt1 cars you do NOT have to have the "special" flexplate or converter pilot hub?

now my efforts to solve this vibration....

1) turned converter 1 bolt hole.....lessened the vibration....but NOT gone

2) turn converter 1 bolt hole in same direction.....same vibration as achieved by moving it the first time.

pulled tranny....took back to builder....complete disassemble....nothing internally wrong what so ever.

sent converter back to ptc in dallas.....balance check and disassemble....nothing wrong either!!!!

cant seem to figure out what is going on here??? do i need that special flexplate???

should be re-installing tranny and converter this sat....so i guess i will give it another shot and see from there???

any help is much appreciated guys. THANK YOU!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you tried starting the car without the trans in place, It can be done just make sure the harness is clear and support the engine at the back with a jack making sure ll is clear of the flex plate and then feel the engine just to make sure its not there?
Thats what I would do before I pu tit all back together

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread