Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ease, Autotap or EFILive

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ease, Autotap or EFILive

I'm looking to upgrade from my old version of Autotap 1.1. Need suggestions on which of these would be the best to go with.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Ease, Autotap or EFILive

I have both Autotap and EFILive5, I use both of them but EFLive5 is best. I use the new Autotap for minor things because of convenience; it runs on my Palm.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:11 PM
Teching In

How about the data logging? That's what I'm interested in. If I remember correctly the the old version of Autotap was slow. The more items you tried to log the slower the rate. Also do the newer versions connect any faster to the pcm.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Autotap has not improved on there transfer rates. Efilive can transfer a lot faster, so you wont have to do 1 or 2 parameters to get any usuable data. Efilive will do 24 pids at about the same rate autotap will do 1. Some parameters require more than 1 pid. So its a lot faster, it does not connect faster to the pcm than autotap it just packs more information per request.

Gary
Old 06-10-2003, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Ease is the only vendor of the ones you mentioned that :

1 is a tier two supplier to G.M so they did not have to backward engineer the scanner, they get all the inside info directly from G.M
2. They designed the GM SPS flash reprogrammer so they know exactly how GMs PCM functions.
3. Complies with EPA, SAE and CARB.
4. CARB and some states use Ease for I/M 240 smog testing.
5. Makes, personal, PRO, combined OBD I and 2 version, Laptop, wireless, Pocket PC and Palm versions.
6. interfaces to a exhaust gas analyzer.
7. Auto stores recording of each car/truck and assigns the correctly to a car's history on disk so you select a car that has been connected in the past and it shows you just that cars recordings.
8. Simple click of icons does I/M 240 smog tests, O2 tests and outputs a professional report that can be saved, printed out, or exported to ascii format.
9. allows you to scan or record as many PIDs as you like up to 50 at a time for record or unlimited if scanning.
10. Pro version has bi-directional, thus if you need to send to relearn crank position sensor or reset JUST the fuel trims registers, click a button and its done, plus has full scan/record of ALL GM signal sets such as body and chassis modules.
11. automaticiclly calculates any PIDs realtime, min, max and avg values that is seen as scanning/recording but also during playback.
12. assures connect and stay connected, will even auto reconnect if key was turned off for a period of time.
13. Fastest collection per second of any of the others I tested.
14. allows color markers during scan or record, thus if you see a problem you can click F keys and it places color markers so when you replay the markers are inserted and you instantly see what was going on at the time of the issue you wanted to zoom in on.
15. supports RS232 and USB ports and works on all MS windows versions.
16. If you get the OBD-II version it then works on ALL GM cars ( not just one model) and trucks but they also sell versions that also support the other car makers.

I have done over 3,000 cars scans/records in 2 1/2 years with Ease and never had a connection problem or loss of connection problem where the other scanners which I tested do.

I'm looking to upgrade from my old version of Autotap 1.1. Need suggestions on which of these would be the best to go with.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Teching In

I had Autotap, I found it to be unreliable and more trouble than what it was worth. Sold it and went to EASE, extremely happy with the results, I use it on all 3 of my GM vehicles.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

Where can one buy ease?
Old 06-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Where can one buy ease?
http://www.obd2.com/

Old 06-11-2003, 03:42 AM