PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WAT KINDA THINGS CAN I DO WIT GM'S TECH 2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WAT KINDA THINGS CAN I DO WIT GM'S TECH 2?

WAT KINDA THINGS CAN I DO WIT GM'S TECH 2?, GOT A 2002 Z M6 AND I HAVE ACCES WITH THE TECH 2? WAT KINDAH STUFF CAN I ADJUST? TUNNING? THAnks IN ADVANCED.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Default Re: WAT KINDA THINGS CAN I DO WIT GM'S TECH 2?

Anybody?
Old 06-11-2003, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

I'm pretty sure the Tech 2 is designed to work with bone stock cars, meaning that it might not be that helpful for tuning modified cars. It would be useful, though, for scanning the various computer modules that our usual scan tools don't access.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Tech II, which is what the dealers use, is a very sophisticated and user-friendly scan tool. You can log a ton of different things, clear codes, etc.

You cannot permanently change the tune of a car, but you can (while it's plugged in) use the Tech II to shift the car, change the idle, and do other things like that. But it's not permanent.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:33 PM
wrencher

Tech II, which is what the dealers use, is a very sophisticated and user-friendly scan tool. You can log a ton of different things, clear codes, etc.

You cannot permanently change the tune of a car, but you can (while it's plugged in) use the Tech II to shift the car, change the idle, and do other things like that. But it's not permanent.
Exactly it is a bi-directional scan tool you can manipulate many systems, PCM, BCM, TCS, ABS, TDM, etc yadda yadda. You cannot tune selected PCM perameters like edit or hand held programmers.But while hooked up you can do many diff. things for diagnostics, there is no substitute for a TECH II. You have to have the support(dealer) to update them though to keep them current.They can flash pcm's but the "flash" is downloaded into tech 2 & it is put in.