View Full Version : Nov. 17th Red River Raceway

caddobass
10-21-2007, 12:25 AM
The date and time for our LS1tech Turkey Shootout at Red River Raceway will be Nov. 17th gates open at noon, time trials start at 1. Hope everyone can still make it!!!!!!

navyblueSS
10-21-2007, 12:44 AM
I will be there. Hopefully I will be able to get this thing to hook up on the juice. I want a 10 sec. pass bad.

little Red Camaro
10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I'll be there, tired of always working, time for a little play time!

camaroboy869592
10-21-2007, 08:29 PM
ill be there

blue98Z
10-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm there, just hope the ol' 10 bolt will hold up one last time lol.

RUQWIKR
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM
The date and time for our LS1tech Turkey Shootout at Red River Raceway will be Nov. 17th gates open at noon, time trials start at 1. Hope everyone can still make it!!!!!!

Why don't you post it up in the TEXAS section, too? I saw something over on Red River's message board, so, I went searching here.

Are you having any head's up or bracket classes or is it simply a test & tune? I may bring my 04 GTO or 01 Firebird over. Take care. Dave

caddobass
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
We will be running heads up or bracket, that will be worked out at the track. The last time out we ran heads up, bracket, & T&T. I will post up on the Texas section.

caddobass
10-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Just a reminder to all that come to RRR for the Turkey Shootout tell the girls at the gate you are with the LS1tech group as that part of the gate can go to a pay out. Thanks again

cainsw
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm ready

cainsw
10-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Where did all the interest go?

caddobass
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Where did all the interest go?
Chris I ran threads in the Texas section and also on the LS2 forum.

caddobass
10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Would any of the RRR LS1tech group be interested in forming a caravan down to Rusk, Tx. on the 28th of Oct. ( Cherokeecountymotorsportspark.com ). I saw on the Texas section where they have invited LS1tech members down for a little racing, that is a Sunday and the gates open at 12 noon til 5pm. I was thinking that would be a good way to start druming up interest in track participation around the area. Anyone interested answer up?

nitrobusa
10-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I will be there on the 17th. I'll try to get some of the locals there also.

little Red Camaro
10-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone going to be at the track (RRR) Tomorrow night?

caddobass
10-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Not me this Saturay

RUQWIKR
10-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Anyone going to be at the track (RRR) Tomorrow night?

They had not updated their website the last time I looked, but on their message board, they changed it from noon - five or six, not at night. Better check or call them. Take care. Dave

caddobass
10-26-2007, 10:33 AM
They had not updated their website the last time I looked, but on their message board, they changed it from noon - five or six, not at night. Better check or call them. Take care. Dave
I think Red River will be running Test&Tune from 12-5 on saturdays for the rest of the year.

StreetStalkerZ
10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Yep! Greg busted his ass to get my nitrous setup and going for tonight,only to find out it might be to cold to run tonight :mad: Now they decided to start T&Ts on saturday without updating there website. You better hope it does not get into the 50s on the 17th or they will call it off!

Now i know why all of their bracket racers have left them and that is besides the lack of track prep :eyes::bang:

I'll attend the F body meet but i'll call them before the gates open before i leave,since they can't make up there minds on if they want to race or not and if so then i'll drive up to prescott and start racing there instead.

BrianC98Z28
10-26-2007, 08:07 PM
I do agree with scott on this one, besides the prep being SHITTY beyond belief (1.64 sprayin off line when my best is 1.49) they now started this shit of if its below 50degrees they wont run. THATS BULLSHIT!!! Perfect racing weather and they wont get open it up. I think scott will agree with me on wishing Hallsville was still open. Could run year round and theyd run in 30 degree weather it didnt matter.

cainsw
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm out tomorrow, unless I blast a big one early in the morning:)

RUQWIKR
11-08-2007, 08:41 PM
You guys still on for next Saturday (11/17 at Red River?)...I may come out from the Dallas area. Take care. Dave

cainsw
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
It's still a go. Just hope people show up!

StreetStalkerZ
11-09-2007, 05:29 PM
If i can put the cross hairs on a few deer this weekend then i might have a change of heart.

Wayne,tell molly and ken not to be stingy with the VHT at this event because this is probably the last race of the year and some of us would like to run a few new best if possible.

Weather outlook shows highs in the mid to upper 60s that day :nod:

firemedic0135
11-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Track opens at noon right?
Just wondering what time is good to show up.

Dr.Accumulator
11-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Tyler/Longview People... meet up and caravan over to RRR?

caddobass
11-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Everyone coming Saturday 17th, 12 til 5 pm tell the girls at the gate you are with the LS1tech group so we can work out a little payout. Will be good to see everyone and the air should be great. We welcome our friends from Texas, Arkansas, & Louisiana to come and have a good time. We really need to get together and talk on future plans.

firemedic0135
11-16-2007, 12:04 AM
well I went and did it again.
Tried gutting my cats yesterday and was puttin them back on when I snapped a stud off in the flange and now I have a leak and the #2 bank is running as rich as it will run.
Gotta try and fix it friday night and then get the codes deleted.Wish me luck.
I am gonna try like hell to make it out.

hammerdown2000
11-17-2007, 09:42 AM
well I went and did it again.
Tried gutting my cats yesterday and was puttin them back on when I snapped a stud off in the flange and now I have a leak and the #2 bank is running as rich as it will run.
Gotta try and fix it friday night and then get the codes deleted.Wish me luck.
I am gonna try like hell to make it out.

me too man, i snapped a bolt off about 2 weeks ago. it sucked so i took it too metals tech on base and they finally got it out. nice to hear youll try to make it out, ill try to make it out as well. oh but ill deff. be bringing the bandit if i go.

caddobass
11-17-2007, 07:05 PM
I would like to think all that made it out for our last get together of the year. Jamie Smith & Ron Williams made it to the final round, with the old pro Ron winning over a very good young lady. I did not get their times, maybe Ron can post them. Most of us will be rebuilding over the winter ( fix'n broken shit ). Hope to see everyone in the spring, it was great meeting everyone from northeast Texas, southwest Arkansas, and northwest Louisiana. Everyone enjoy the holidays have a great Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, & a Happy New Year.

WS6HUMMER
11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I would like to think all that made it out for our last get together of the year. Jamie Smith & Ron Williams made it to the final round, with the old pro Ron winning over a very good young lady. I did not get their times, maybe Ron can post them. Most of us will be rebuilding over the winter ( fix'n broken shit ). Hope to see everyone in the spring, it was great meeting everyone from northeast Texas, southwest Arkansas, and northwest Louisiana. Everyone enjoy the holidays have a great Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, & a Happy New Year.

I was wondering what happened to Jamie, I was impressed with her consistancy. I know her pop is proud. I had a great time myself, blew up my bellow/tube due to a rich back fire (I forgot to turn on the bottle) but after that I loaded up the old speed density tune I did last year and ran a new best on all motor of 11.89

caddobass
11-18-2007, 10:18 AM
I talked with her dad for awhile up in the water box area. Jamie raced go-carts where she kicked butt & now she is kicking our butts on the 1/4 mile. There was another young lady there with a white vett that ran a personal best high 10's. She didn't race in our bracket race and I did get her name, but I've forgot it ( getting old ). I really enjoy seeing the young ladies and men bringing their cars to the track and putting on a strong performance.

ron williams
11-18-2007, 05:23 PM
thanks for the complement caddobass. i mean the part about .....the old pro. thats streaching it a bit! i posted numbers.[.see other thread] got her by .007 for the win. she is a good racer and i talked to her and her parants after the race. they are nice people. she just ended up a little short .......hell, thats the story of my life! anyway the payout was 100.00 even if i lost it was fun racing with ya'll and thanks for your work setting this up. maybe next year we can have a better turnout. keep working on it and if you ever need any help,just let me know. i'm om the forum all the time,or red river. ....RON

caddobass
11-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Ron we'll keep working at this til we get it right. We posted every place we could think of, looking to get a big turn out. Do you know if Jamie went up to get runner-up payout? We had other cars there that did not run in the bracket race, which I don't understand. Where else could you go to run T&T and get a little race on the side that cost nothing to win a little cash? We try our best to get it together, thanks to all.

hammerdown2000
11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Ron we'll keep working at this til we get it right. We posted every place we could think of, looking to get a big turn out. Do you know if Jamie went up to get runner-up payout? We had other cars there that did not run in the bracket race, which I don't understand. Where else could you go to run T&T and get a little race on the side that cost nothing to win a little cash? We try our best to get it together, thanks to all.

some of us didnt know how to bracket race, but we do now. and whats sad, my wife know how to bracket race, and probably is a better racer, but shes pregnant and couldnt. so ill def. give it a try next time.

cainsw
11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Bracket racing is a blast once you figure it out. If you have an auto car its a breeze

regency
11-18-2007, 10:04 PM
hummer everything is ok with the car huh?? i heard that thing when it blew man i thought the manifold done blew off. ohh im one of michael and jamies friends.

ron williams
11-19-2007, 08:13 AM
caddo, i don't think there was runner up money. if there was they didn't say anything about it. of course it's up to to the racer to ask. jamie could always call the track and find out...................RON

regency
11-19-2007, 09:41 AM
yea she got $50 almost forgot it!!!!

caddobass
11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
yea she got $50 almost forgot it!!!!

Good deal, it's not much but there were 10 other men that got nothing.

regency
11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
somethings better than nothing!!!!!!

01'WS6
11-19-2007, 05:13 PM
We appreciate the invite and had a blast. Things didn't go well for a few of us but we also had a few new best as well. Hopefully we can get things going next year as far as events like this. It was a long night but really didn't have to be if we would of came OVER prepared! :D

Thanks again and we are looking forward for yall coming down to Rusk. :nod:

WS6HUMMER
11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
hummer everything is ok with the car huh?? i heard that thing when it blew man i thought the manifold done blew off. ohh im one of michael and jamies friends.

Hey man what's your name? I work out @ LC with a guy named Josh that used to go to Tioga, he was telling me he had a buddie with an LS1 Truck, has to be you. I kept meaning go over there to talk to Michael but I was busy with my car, had a few bugs in the purge solenoid wiring from when I stripped the interior to install the cage.

My car Is good as far as I know, I forgot to turn on the bottle and it got real rich and popped and blew a hole in the bellow/intake tube. After that I loaded an old speed density tune I did with my HP Tuners and ran a new best of 11.89 on motor!

Here's a vid of my screw up, you can tell it went fat from the super black Diesel looking smoke it puffed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_TI4dZk_w&feature=user

cainsw
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Hummer, I thought that was you! That was scary. I bet you were praying all the way to the finish line when you finally started her back up.

cainsw
11-19-2007, 09:06 PM
We appreciate the invite and had a blast. Things didn't go well for a few of us but we also had a few new best as well. Hopefully we can get things going next year as far as events like this. It was a long night but really didn't have to be if we would of came OVER prepared! :D

Thanks again and we are looking forward for yall coming down to Rusk. :nod:

Glad to see you all made it over here and then back home. When do you Tx guys think you might want to run the Rusk race? I'm good for whenever as long as I have a little heads up on it

01'WS6
11-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Glad to see you all made it over here and then back home. When do you Tx guys think you might want to run the Rusk race? I'm good for whenever as long as I have a little heads up on it

Honestly I have no idea. We are really pretty much weekend warriors whenever we all have a weekend off. Sundays are actually going to be a lot better for us than Saturdays are. Unless u want to do a Saturday night race and then that will be alright as well. We had a blast even though I only made 3 passes, left in second gear on the first, ran decent on the second, and broke on the third. lol Never did get to use the bottle but o well shit happens.

Bracket racing really isn't our style but i did mention indexes to caddobass while we were there. But like we said, we aren't out to make money, just have a good time so we will play yalls game and be happy that we were invited! :)

regency
11-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey man what's your name? I work out @ LC with a guy named Josh that used to go to Tioga, he was telling me he had a buddie with an LS1 Truck, has to be you. I kept meaning go over there to talk to Michael but I was busy with my car, had a few bugs in the purge solenoid wiring from when I stripped the interior to install the cage.

My car Is good as far as I know, I forgot to turn on the bottle and it got real rich and popped and blew a hole in the bellow/intake tube. After that I loaded an old speed density tune I did with my HP Tuners and ran a new best of 11.89 on motor!

Here's a vid of my screw up, you can tell it went fat from the super black Diesel looking smoke it puffed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_TI4dZk_w&feature=user

man that thing did let the smoke out....lol My name is Chance Guadagnoli. Whats the Josh fellas last name????? Amazing what a lack of funny gas buildup can do!!!! I found out my custom intake wasnt helping but it was hurting me, so i just ordered me a S&B intake. Computer was pulling about 9* timming from me so i didnt get anything like i should have. We'll have to meet up someday and crusie around and wipeout some of these jokes for hotrods around here...lol

taws6m6
11-19-2007, 09:59 PM
i would have, but i have a 6 spd and its a little tougher to be consistent on street tires. I almost always get too excited and blow them off. Oh, well, I had a lot of fun and got a new personal best on my car. 13.09. Thats pretty good for a vert with an intake, exhaust and gears!!!! Bracket racing that is. I tried to post with the quote, but it isnt working for me now

caddobass
11-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Honestly I have no idea. We are really pretty much weekend warriors whenever we all have a weekend off. Sundays are actually going to be a lot better for us than Saturdays are. Unless u want to do a Saturday night race and then that will be alright as well. We had a blast even though I only made 3 passes, left in second gear on the first, ran decent on the second, and broke on the third. lol Never did get to use the bottle but o well shit happens.

Bracket racing really isn't our style but i did mention indexes to caddobass while we were there. But like we said, we aren't out to make money, just have a good time so we will play yalls game and be happy that we were invited! :)
I believe Rusk will be running on Sundays and indexes are cool. Just hard to get enough cars for each class. What time did ya'll get out of the track?

WS6HUMMER
11-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Hummer, I thought that was you! That was scary. I bet you were praying all the way to the finish line when you finally started her back up.

LOL! Yeah I was!

Sorry I was antisocial, I had my little sister there who is 18 but my parents still shelter, they made me promise to keep an eye on her @ all times, shes the youngest so the parents are very over protective.

WS6HUMMER
11-20-2007, 07:35 AM
man that thing did let the smoke out....lol My name is Chance Guadagnoli. Whats the Josh fellas last name????? Amazing what a lack of funny gas buildup can do!!!! I found out my custom intake wasnt helping but it was hurting me, so i just ordered me a S&B intake. Computer was pulling about 9* timming from me so i didnt get anything like i should have. We'll have to meet up someday and crusie around and wipeout some of these jokes for hotrods around here...lol

Nice to meet you ...kinda lol. Why was your computer pulling all that timing? If you just flashed a tune there is a thing called knock learn factor, it starts off mixing the low octane and high octane timing tables and slowly gives it back over a period of about 50 miles. Any time you mess with the timing tables the knock learn factor kicks in, I learned this tuning my car with HP Tuners, I actually made a scan setup with my HPT to log this parameter.

01'WS6
11-20-2007, 08:05 AM
I believe Rusk will be running on Sundays and indexes are cool. Just hard to get enough cars for each class. What time did ya'll get out of the track?

Like 7-7:30. :bang:

regency
11-20-2007, 09:16 PM
because the intake temps were about 140* or more the way it was setup. its been tuned for a while now but just with the shitty intake setup i had heat soaking and sucking hot engine bay and radiator air. one day ill have to get you to take a scan on it so i can see whats going on and what i need to change.

cainsw
11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
LOL! Yeah I was!

Sorry I was antisocial, I had my little sister there who is 18 but my parents still shelter, they made me promise to keep an eye on her @ all times, shes the youngest so the parents are very over protective.

Not a problem. I was alittle antisocial myself. Plus, you gotta lookout for little sister

cainsw
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Index is run just the same as brackets. At the LS1tech shootout in Memphis all the index cars were in the same class. I had to run a 10.0 car in round one. I just got the 1.5 second jump on him. Just like bracket racing. If we do set one up and go with a index all I ask is we run on a sportsman (.500) pro tree. I'm ok with any kind of racing but I perfer bracket racing. None of us could have competed with Pat in the 9.5's vert Vette in a heads up class

regency
11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=WS6HUMMER;8156739]Nice to meet you ...kinda lol. QUOTE]

hey man i just thought of something, do you know curtis with the old black S/C 5.0

WS6HUMMER
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
because the intake temps were about 140* or more the way it was setup. its been tuned for a while now but just with the shitty intake setup i had heat soaking and sucking hot engine bay and radiator air. one day ill have to get you to take a scan on it so i can see whats going on and what i need to change.

Well at least you know what's going on. If you ever need a scan you know where I'm @, always willing to help a fellow LS1TECH member.

WS6HUMMER
11-20-2007, 10:14 PM
hey man i just thought of something, do you know curtis with the old black S/C 5.0

Holy Crap dude! I talked to Curtis today @ work! We were talking about the Fox, he was looking for some wheels. I've known Curtis for about 20 years.

regency
11-20-2007, 10:32 PM
i know him pretty good through my dad. there pretty good friends, of about 20 years, hell they almost got arrested for racing comming to see me being born...lol I dont plan on going back to the track until i get the truck fixed right. im waiting on the intake to get here and then i need to find some O2 sensors for it i looked at the bosch 13111 and thinking of trying them but alot of people tell me the stock ones would be better so i dont know. then i need to work on the tune some.

WS6HUMMER
11-20-2007, 11:12 PM
i know him pretty good through my dad. there pretty good friends, of about 20 years, hell they almost got arrested for racing comming to see me being born...lol I dont plan on going back to the track until i get the truck fixed right. im waiting on the intake to get here and then i need to find some O2 sensors for it i looked at the bosch 13111 and thinking of trying them but alot of people tell me the stock ones would be better so i dont know. then i need to work on the tune some.

Well if it makes you feel any better, your truck dosent use oxygen sensors past part throttle anyway. Once you crack the trottle past part throttle it uses the MAF and the Volumetric Efficiency table. Narrowband O2 sensors are only used for idle and very mild/part throttle driving. I still run the upstream narroband O2's because I choose to run a MAF and you need them for idle on a MAF car, you dont on a Speed density cars. Personally I would just get the one with the best price, they dont really dictate performance as far as racing goes.

caddobass
11-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Index is run just the same as brackets. At the LS1tech shootout in Memphis all the index cars were in the same class. I had to run a 10.0 car in round one. I just got the 1.5 second jump on him. Just like bracket racing. If we do set one up and go with a index all I ask is we run on a sportsman (.500) pro tree. I'm ok with any kind of racing but I perfer bracket racing. None of us could have competed with Pat in the 9.5's vert Vette in a heads up class
I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks about what cainsw is saying. Index racing on the sportsman .500 pro tree. I wouldn't mind giving it a try sometime next year. But I will say I like the bracket racing we do. When we do set up our visits to other tracks will we race what the host track wants or run the same the same type of races at all tracks. Just looking for opinions?

StreetStalkerZ
11-22-2007, 10:33 AM
When you index race you HAVE to be dead on your index or you will lose very quick<hint>why index did not last at RRR. People want to bracket race vs. index. Index makes you slow your car down or spend more money to go faster and i don't know anyone that wants to slow their car down or have money to blow to run dead on their index.

Bracket racing is more fun along with a heads up class with a Pro tree to give the slower car the chance to tree the faster car and make him chase him or her down.

I heard that someone was told to park their car after running a 10.90 pass for not having a cage,fire jacket or 5 pt. harness? I was told to wear my fire jacket a few weeks back after making a motor pass or i would have to leave,so i guess they are going to start putting the smack down on safety equipment next year.

caddobass
11-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I didn't hear of anyone being asked to leave in our group, but I could have missed something. I stayed in the stage lanes and walked with Bobby (tech) to all of our bracket racer cars for all the passes. Everyone was good, I did hear him get on another driver not with us in a vert about a helmet, but he let him run. There was a car not in our group that T boned the wall, so safety in all cars should be an issue.

cainsw
11-22-2007, 07:52 PM
When you index race you HAVE to be dead on your index or you will lose very quick<hint>why index did not last at RRR. People want to bracket race vs. index. Index makes you slow your car down or spend more money to go faster and i don't know anyone that wants to slow their car down or have money to blow to run dead on their index.

Bracket racing is more fun along with a heads up class with a Pro tree to give the slower car the chance to tree the faster car and make him chase him or her down.

This is why I say bracket racing is the only way to go. Unless we can get 75 cars to race we'll never beable to make 4-5 different classes.

I think if we are going to try to run some races next year we should start making some rules now and get everyone that is interested in doing this involved not just Wayne, Scott and myself.
We should start with 2 classes and go from there.

1 Bracket class
2 Heads up

That way when you get to the track you decide what class to run in at the gate. I wouldn't think we'd have any problem getting atleast 20-30 cars. We had 10-12 bracket cars and another 10-15 just sitting in the parking lot (Wayne:secret2:)

regency
11-24-2007, 08:30 AM
what track is open on 11-30-07 or 12-1-07

caddobass
11-24-2007, 07:08 PM
what track is open on 11-30-07 or 12-1-07
When the track temperature is below 50* it's hard to find one open. That is why most of us just work on the cars til spring gets here