Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny problem....what is up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny problem....what is up...

Ok so just lately I had my tranny cooler installed and a few weeks before that I started to notice that once in a while my tranny would shift really weird from a dead stop or going 20-30 mph... When I hit that gas the car barely goes and then all of a sudden it catches and goes...

I have a 3200 stall... and have had the car for 4 years never had a problem like this.. the Car has 62,000 miles on it. I was wondering if a tranny service would help? it's weird because I can go out some days and freaking do 0-90 and the car shifts good and strong.. also I can be driving around and it shifts just fine and then all of a sudden I will be at an intersection and start to accelerate at 2500rpms or so and the car will kinda hold back and act like it doesn't want to go forward with the rpms. I feel that if the tranny was going out I would feel it all the time....rather than once in a while....

And when I say once in a while... today I drove the car for a total of an hour and it did it maybe twice.

The other night I went out on a "test drive" and ran the car 0-90mph or so and after 30 minutes of that. it didn't have a problem at all.....

just weird to me.

I plan on getting a tranny service this week.

Is it possible that my tranny is just gunked up... I mean I have had the car for 4 years and never had a tranny service. I think it's time for one for sure.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

If it does this mostly when cool or after setting a while I would check the fluid level first . And a service is a good idea but for ight now start it while warm and make sure its full of fluid

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does it sound like it's on it's way out the door??? I mean it "seems" like it is, but I don't understand how up top it shifts hard every time.. I mean I spin through 2nd every single time.....
Old 10-21-2007, 06:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Like I suggested I would check the fluid level , From the description it sounds more like it may be low on fluid than going out , However if its low in fluid long it will go out , kinda a self full filling phrophesy

Call 888-744-6542