Sponsored by:

More from What a Rush

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More from What a Rush

Hey guys my next group of questions are out and like always thanks for your time and patience.

1. The SLP cold air induction kit that is suppose to work hand in hand with stock Ram air, is it worth the buck?? I was thinking that only so much air can get into the stock bellow anyhow.

2. Dealing with Cams, I know that size, mods, future plans and money have a huge part to play in choosing the right one. If im going to be running Cam only and not going to use any other form of induction. Should I try to go for the biggest Cam I can get?? I have fallen behind the power curve on learning about this topic so any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

3. By looking at my sig, what more besides a Cam should I be looking to invest in?? Possibly MAF, Better exhaust?? I am more looking for worth while mods, Very soon looking to get SFC's and RCA's.

4. I really want to get traction down pat. I want to get as much traction as possible. Again my setup is not for the track but for street. What brands/parts should I be looking into. Money is not a huge issue because I will be deploying soon and if I cant get it now, Ill just get it when I get back.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and its always good to hear opinions.

Zach
Old 10-22-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

worrie about basic bolt-ons before bothering w/ a cam. get your full exhaust, intake and suspension done first IMO. i wouldnt get a smooth bellows or one of the cold air kits. but thats just me. just get a lid.

Edit: sorry didnt see you already have a full exhaust. what year is it? best of all what is it?
Old 10-22-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 Like Omec said, just get the lid, and be done with it, if you have a WS6, you can debaffle and seal the hood to the airbox and make the Ram Air more functional than it is now
2 Cam, for me, I went with the common TR 224/224, I like my power under the curve and never really cared about peak HP, it's just a bit of bragging rights, I'd rather have usable power thru out the rpm range than a peaky motor, depends on what your goals are for the car, as to what cam is going to suit your needs the best
3 What other mods, do you have an auto or M6, get a stall if it's an auto, and a shifter if it's an M6
4 Traction mods, sorry can't really help there I went for more the corner carving setup
if you want to see what I have done on mine, click the fquick link in my sig
Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Banned

Location: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

2K2WS6,

Nice wheels man, I need to look into a shifter for sure. That stock one feels like im driving a dang kenworth. I am used to a short throw shifter from my old ride. Appreciate you guys getting back to me on this and answering my questions.

What shifters do you suggest?? are they easy install's??
Old 10-23-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the compliment
As for shifter, I have the stock hurst, with the UMI sort stick, and since getting it I haven't missed a shift (knock wood)
Install is fairly easy, just take off the console, and take off the bolts that hold the shifter down, and swap em out
Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

1. HFno
2. It depends on what you consider streetable, what you're willing to put up with, drive a few and get a feel
3. MAF swapping's not really recommended if you read around, if you just got the car you might want appreciate driving a powerful well mannered car and just drop some cash on the suspension, /\ looks like it's somewhere on you're radar.