Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to Site

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Site

Well not exactly new to the site but first time posting anything. I have read a ton of posts on here over the past few months. Well to start my name is Lance and I drive a 1998 Firebird Formula that is gold in color, I think they call it sunburst gold. I have done a very few mods so far just a clear air lid, Hotchkiss LCA's, and panhard bar, the car already had a Borla catback with a Ory. I have issue's with the T56 trans so I'm hoping somebody can give me some aadvice. First of all its a rebuilt transmission and I think a stock shifter the problem I'm having is a shift grind from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th on the upshift and a little grind from 4th to 5th. I have already replaced the blocker rings, and shift pads, also had to replace a broken shift fork. I'm guessing my problem is probably the sliders but I'm not for sure and dont want to tear down the transmission again till I know for sure what it might be. I would appreciate any advice/help with this issue I have also checked the master and slave and replaced the master, I get plenty of pedal pressure so I'm confident its not either of these parts. Once again any help much appreciated
Old 10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no help here but you might try to go to the transmission section there is always some1 that knows