Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Vehicle Light on

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Service Vehicle Light on

My "Service Vehicle" light came on this afternoon. I'm familiar with most of the SES light stuff, but this is the first time I've seen the Service vehicle light. I did do a plug change yesterday and installed MSD plug wires. I've done a ton of plug changes on this car before without a problem. The car seems to run fine.

The owners manual just says it is a non-emissions related problem.
Do misfires cause this light? Maybe I just have a loose plug wire. I thought that misfires would cause a blinking SES light. My SES light is on constantly due to removing my EGR stuff as well as the low idle code from my cam, but this Service Vehicle light is new.
I'll go out and check things over after it cools down some, but I welcome any suggestions.

TIA
Mark
Old 06-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Service Vehicle Light on

The only time I've gotten the "Service Vehicle" light was the time I tried unplugging the Air Bag controller, but this also kept the Air Bag light on as well. This light also comes on when you program the PCM with LS1edit, FWIW. I think this light comes from the BCM.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Service Vehicle Light on

I checked all the connections I had worked with while changing my plugs. I also had pulled the valve covers to check my rockers and also cleaned and re-oiled my K&N. My alarm was also going off on its own early this morning and this afternoon. I drove it on a short errand this afternoon and the light did not come on. I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Mark