Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TAN to EBONY CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile TAN to EBONY CONVERSION

For those of you all who have done this conversion, was there any parts that you missed during the tan to black conversion. Or any hidden pieces, hard to find parts. I think i got just about everything to complete it, but just want to see if anyone has anything to say before i rip it all out or any tips on how to. let me know.....

PS: have everything except for seats. probably get those redone here locally.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Launching!

I did same conversion and i forgot one peice!!! The back seat lamp on top but you cant really tell. I also screwed something up with wiring my power locks, head lams, and the lights in the shifter P R N D D 2 1 dont work i have no idea what i did so i guess be carefull with wiring.

If anyone knows what i did help me out. Thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I missed the loop that holds the seatbelt off your neck in the front seat. I also didn't get rear hatch pieces that were meant for speakers.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

You could wait and see how this thread turns out - https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/774205-leather-interior-panel-kit-any-interest.html

Depending on what panels he ends up including, this might be more cost effective than buying a bunch more panels. You also get the added benefit of not missing a panel, and you get a higher quality interior to boot.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 AM
8 Second Club

Are you just doing the seats or the whole cabin?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Launching!

i have a set of ebony leather seats if your interested
Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Teching In

well yeah i just saw that thread on leather conversion and sucks cuz i just bought everything for my interior in ebony. or all the panels. got everything pretty cheap though on ebay. spent about 440 for everything. all i need is seats and carpet. but yeah the leather conversion kit looks like it will rock. what i can do though is get that and take my time on putting it on my ebony parts so if some parts are off, you cant see the tan color and also it will let me take my time on doing each part right instead of trying to hustle the job and drive around with no interior. lol
Old 10-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Teching In

but yeah i do need seats. but just that the shipping prices would kill me so am probably going to try to get them reupholstered here locally. but just for the hell of it, how much are you asking for the seats?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I switched from tan to ebony in my '99 SS, great swap. I got everything, minus the headliner, dash & console from a wrecked '02. I had the headliner recoverd & left the dash & center console alone.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Teching In

thats sweet. yeah thats what im doing to my ss, just need seats, headliner and carpet to complete it. hey wanted to ask you, where did you get that lower lip you have on your rear bumper. been looking for one the put the center exhaust and they are no where to be found.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm almost finished doing it on my 93, alls I have left to do is the head liner. The big mistake I made, couldn't be avoided but I got Camaro rear hatch panels and not he Firebird ones.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kapparosko
hey wanted to ask you, where did you get that lower lip you have on your rear bumper. been looking for one the put the center exhaust and they are no where to be found.
It is an SLP piece, the previous owner put it on. I'm sure that you know they are discontinued from SLP & they bring ridiculous $$$ now!!! I've seen a few posts on here about somebody making one like it now though.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I'm almost finished doing it on my 93, alls I have left to do is the head liner. The big mistake I made, couldn't be avoided but I got Camaro rear hatch panels and not he Firebird ones.
why is that i bad move? lol i just got my camaro rear hatch panels in today. did i mess up or what?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Unstang
It is an SLP piece, the previous owner put it on. I'm sure that you know they are discontinued from SLP & they bring ridiculous $$$ now!!! I've seen a few posts on here about somebody making one like it now though.
sweet i need to put a post and see who can make me one cuz i really want that look. looks good
Old 10-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Teching In

getting my last parts in ebony next week to start working on it. post pictures soon.

Quick Reply: TAN to EBONY CONVERSION