Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Possible clutch engagement issue on Textralia?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible clutch engagement issue on Textralia?

Maybe it's just the nature of the beast with afermarket clutches and all, but I notice it more and more now that it's getting cooler out that when my car is cold, my clutch is very heavy, and very low to the ground.

When the car is fully warmed up and been driving for a few minutes, the clutch feel goes back to normal (feels like stock) and engages a bit higher like stock.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Default Must be normal

Just got mine installed and bleed the **** out of it ( atleast half gallon) and it is doing same thing . I am kinda use to it being lower since i drove with the old cluth that was fucked us so bad it ingaged right off the floor. Must be a texatraila thing.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of brake fluid are you using
Old 10-30-2007, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

If it engages right off the floor, you might want to check to make sure it's not dragging. A dragging clutch can cause a lot of problems inside the tranny.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

I'm using the Tex twin disk in my car. There are no regular low engagement issues, but I do get them occassionally when things get real hot. If I bleed the system while the issue is happening things go back to normal.

Triple check your hydraulics, that may be more of your issue than the clutch itself.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not a constant thing, only when it is cold when first started up. Once I drive around a bit it engages perfectly fine. If I let it sit and idle and warm up for some time, same thing it will engage perfectly fine.

using correct brake fluid.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Like Tony said triple check the hydraulics. Have you bled the system, a lot? Seems like it's usually the other way around. More people seem to have problems when the fluid gets hot...

BTW, Did you replace any of the hydraulics when you did the clutch. If you replaced the master, was it pre bled or did you bench bleed it?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuckyt1
Like Tony said triple check the hydraulics. Have you bled the system, a lot? Seems like it's usually the other way around. More people seem to have problems when the fluid gets hot...

BTW, Did you replace any of the hydraulics when you did the clutch. If you replaced the master, was it pre bled or did you bench bleed it?
I didn't do the swap myself, one of the board sponsors did here in NJ. Very reputable shop. I would assume that everything is bled properly. It's an 02 with only 30kmi on it.

does anyone get any shudder when engaging from a stop on the oz700 (I think this is the model number)? It tamed a bit after 1-2kmi+ but still get it from a stop and shakes the whole bottom end of the car.

I remember reading this goes away with time, but not sure if I read correctly that it completely goes away.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you change the master or slave out?

how many miles on it.

99% of everybody has ZERO issues with text clutches.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolformula
Did you change the master or slave out?

how many miles on it.

99% of everybody has ZERO issues with text clutches.
Master no, no need to, slave yes, put a new one in to be safe, and may as well since tranny out.

Quick Reply: Possible clutch engagement issue on Textralia?