Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPP3 is it worth it?

I am about to invest in a hyper tech programmer for my 00 Z28 and was wondering if it was worth the money. what exactly is its use other than the cooling fan . is it worth it so should i use the money to buy something else.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: HPP3 is it worth it?

if you're only going to use it for the fans buy an SLP fan switch and be set (turn it on while racing/at the track)

I had an HPP3 before the predator and LS1 edit were out and used it for shift point adjustments and fans... sold it a while ago and got LS1 Edit...

If I had to do it over now I'd buy LS1 Edit right away (assuming you have a laptop) or I'd probably go w/a Predator unit as it does more

but just for fans just buy the switch and save some money
Old 06-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am about to invest in a hyper tech programmer for my 00 Z28 and was wondering if it was worth the money. what exactly is its use other than the cooling fan . is it worth it so should i use the money to buy something else.
No. Get LS1edit. Costs a little more but does ten times more stuff.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Launching!

If you do not have a lap top, the predator is a good tool. Much better than the hyper tech, also can download new programs with it! My 2 cents though
Old 06-13-2003, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

I've had good results with the HPP3 in my '00 Z28 A4 (shift points and fan settings only/no Power Tuning...and I would only even consider it for an A4, never an M6) but I would never buy it new (I had too because there weren't any available used at the time).
You can find good deals on used ones now so it wouldn't be a total waste if you went that route but as stated above the Predator or FAR better yet, LS1 Edit, is the better choice.