Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodfellas Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodfellas Transmissions

Non sponsor advertising. You may contact a moderator or admin if you wish to sponsor the board and advertise your product

Last edited by Ragtop 99; 11-12-2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor pimping
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you work for this company? Here is a response that I put in another thread that you posted.

I think that they are all the same company or copy from one another including goodfellas. They all say the same thing for the 3-4 clutch pack. And I quote from good fellas...."Raybestoes 9 clutches (replaces the factory 5 clutches in the 3-4 drum). The 9 clutches are heat treated steels that withstand more heat, delivering longer transmission life."

From outlaw"Raybestos 9 clutches (replaces factory 5 clutches in the 3-4 drum)"

They do not realize that these transmissions do not come with 5 clutches in the 3-4. It is 6 not 5.

Sounds similar! "We block off the 1,2,3,4 accumulators to give you a solid, firm, and crisp shift. We discard the springs in the accumulator to eliminate problems associated with springs breaking."
"We discard the springs in the accumulators, because they constantly break and contaminate the transmission with metal filings. One, two, and three/four accumulators are blocked off to give you a nice solid shift every time."

Not a good way to do it in my opinion. I'm sure the other sponsors here will concur. I could go on but I'm not going to waste my time on these non sponsored links. It almost sounds like you work for this company when you just registered yesterday and have only come here to bash one company and praise another. Not to mention the non sponsored links you have provided. IMO eBay trans companies are just what they are cheap. Good luck with that rattle paint can trans that you just bought. Vince
Old 10-28-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnracer
Camero
I'm sure you own a Camaro considering you can't even spell its name.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
9 Second Club

I Just Bought A 4l65e Transmission For My 2001 Camero That Has 600hp And I Am Spraying 150 Shot Of Nitrous..
So what is all in your tranny? What mod's to the car.Dyno graph?Time's,mph#'s. Alittle more insight on what has been done to your car. Thank's!
Old 10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it is a good time to ban this *** hat.

g
Old 10-29-2007, 07:41 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Old 10-29-2007, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

I Just Bought A 4l65e Transmission For My 2001 Camero That Has 600hp And I Am Spraying 150 Shot Of Nitrous..
naww he got it right... just like the cop that pulled my buddy over in his red T/A n said, " you think your so cool drivin around this red cameero." lmao my boy had to hold himself back from laughin in the guys face. then he got outta the ticket cuz the officer got called to something more important hah
Old 10-29-2007, 11:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I will agrgee with the accumulators really bad idea when I see that I know the guy has no idea what hes doing, We do sell on ebay however but are overpriced for it so not much , But it does help with our website ratings so worth the effort those guys on there are selling trans for less than we can buy the parts for makes ya wonder .

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Do you work for this company? Here is a response that I put in another thread that you posted.

I think that they are all the same company or copy from one another including goodfellas. They all say the same thing for the 3-4 clutch pack. And I quote from good fellas...."Raybestoes 9 clutches (replaces the factory 5 clutches in the 3-4 drum). The 9 clutches are heat treated steels that withstand more heat, delivering longer transmission life."

From outlaw"Raybestos 9 clutches (replaces factory 5 clutches in the 3-4 drum)"

They do not realize that these transmissions do not come with 5 clutches in the 3-4. It is 6 not 5.

Sounds similar! "We block off the 1,2,3,4 accumulators to give you a solid, firm, and crisp shift. We discard the springs in the accumulator to eliminate problems associated with springs breaking."
"We discard the springs in the accumulators, because they constantly break and contaminate the transmission with metal filings. One, two, and three/four accumulators are blocked off to give you a nice solid shift every time."

Not a good way to do it in my opinion. I'm sure the other sponsors here will concur. I could go on but I'm not going to waste my time on these non sponsored links. It almost sounds like you work for this company when you just registered yesterday and have only come here to bash one company and praise another. Not to mention the non sponsored links you have provided. IMO eBay trans companies are just what they are cheap. Good luck with that rattle paint can trans that you just bought. Vince

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Here is the proof for all you haters out there talking about my product.! http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199219

Subject: Emailing: LS1GTO.com Forums - ohios first ten second GTO. He is running my BOSS 4l65E transmission in is GTO. He is 5th in the nation. The proof is in the pudding. If anybody has any more questions about me or my company you can talk to the man driving the car.

Here is the proof,regards Rogerc 740-252-1694
You can also email him rogerchapman@sbcglobal.net
Old 11-10-2007, 12:19 PM
FormerVendor

If you were as experienced and as informed as you tout yourself to be you would not remove accumulation from a 4l60E. It is that simple. No doubt it shifts harder... it cannot help it. But, here in a few months when it sheers the teeth off of the clutches you'll be scratching your head asking Now What? But I suppose you already have that one figured out as well.

g
Old 11-10-2007, 12:35 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

I find it completely funny that I called this one in my first post. Here is a post by Mad Dog Lou that gives a lttle history of the OP. This came from one of the threads that Johnracerwanabe started last time he was here.

"Don't waste your time reading posts from "johnracer" former shampoo boy/personal trainer and owner of GoodFellas Transmissions. John Tsikouris his real name was a former employee of mine at Mad Dog Transmissions. Never rebuilt a transmission in his life and only came into the transmission industry under me at Mad Dog's. Only a year and half ago. The only thing I taught him was how to sell transmissions.

He spends most of his days getting on all these forums and trashing me and my new business. He'll soon be spending his time in court. THESE ARE THE FACTS !!!! "

"Mad Dog Lou"

Last edited by FLT; 11-10-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

yeah what a *** clown get the non sponsored junk off of here
Old 11-10-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

Anybody can make one transmission run 10 second or even 9 second times and live for a pass or two...

I agree with FLT, removing accumulation on most transmissions is bad news.
There are some units you can get away with certain accumulators, but doing it on a 700 or 4L60E is a bad idea.

The true test is can the builder make the trans live repeatedly at the power levels quoted.

The sponsors here have a good rep and probably for good reason. Keep in mind there are plenty of other good builders besides just the sponsors here, but it is usually obvious when a guy comes on like the ID 10 T above that they are just whoring themselves for advertisement.

Most good builders/shops don't even need to advertise and certainly not in the manner this guy is doing so.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned

Is the old MadDog tranny guy?

A customer brought one in a few months ago talking about how it was the best....we installed it & it lasted less than a week.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Vince, you're being awful easy on this guy ....why don't you pull out your pages of proof ! Show him what proof really is .
Old 11-10-2007, 05:52 PM
FormerVendor

I'll have John save me some clutches that have been hammered on by excessively harsh shifts so we can show the crowd here what we are talking about... harsh shifts are abusive on the internal components of an automatic transmission.... it's that simple!

g
Old 11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
Is the old MadDog tranny guy?

A customer brought one in a few months ago talking about how it was the best....we installed it & it lasted less than a week.
No I believe this is a guy that worked for mad dog. Read my above post where I quoted mad dog lou from another thread. He originally came on here to bash mad dog and praise his new company. He posted as if he was a customer and I called him out. I asked if he worked for them or owned Goodfellas. He then came back on here today and edited his post. And well you can see what I see that basically he is the owner and came here to pimp his product.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:38 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Vince, you're being awful easy on this guy ....why don't you pull out your pages of proof ! Show him what proof really is .
I hear you Ben. Giving him an education on why his product does and will have failures is a mute point as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Dynojet Fan

Goodfellas is in Tarpon Springs FL Id never get a trans there....
Old 11-10-2007, 11:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

This thread really should be deleted its just and attempt at drawing attention to a non sponsor if you wanna be a sponsor pay the price!

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: Goodfellas Transmissions