Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

wtb: 10 bolt rear end, bumper, passenger rear qtr panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 AM
nfa
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtb: 10 bolt rear end, bumper, passenger rear qtr panel

wtb: 10 bolt rear end, bumper, passenger rear qtr panel for a 4th gen camaro... preferably in toronto. pm me if you have these items!

thanks!!!

mike.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you looking for a complete diff, or just parts of one?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:43 AM
Launching!

I'll have one for sale, but unfortunately not until next spring.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM
nfa
Teching In

next spring would be perfect, actually. ive parked the car for the winter and dont want to even look at it until next year. details? i.e. what diff, gear, condition and price? pm me pls!

Originally Posted by Hooper
I'll have one for sale, but unfortunately not until next spring.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:06 AM
nfa
Teching In

looking for the complete diff... i bent my rear axle and control arms and probably some other parts after an incident with a wall

Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete
Are you looking for a complete diff, or just parts of one?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Auto or 6-speed? I have a 2.73 diff just laying around! It was my factory original.

I also have 4 spare axles, if you simply need an axle (if the housing isn't bent, although I'm assuming it is?). Actually, I have another spare housing too!! (it's from an LT1, but you just bolt on your LS1 backing plates ... no sweat). It doesn't have a carrier, but you could swap yours in.

I ALSO have a set of Edelbrock boxed LCA's, currently in my car, but I may be replacing them with rod-ended ones next year for road-racing (poly-ended ones apparently aren't good for twisty stuff ... who knew?!) ... if you're interested!

Hooper's diff is probably better though, 'cause I think it's packing 3.73's, isn't it???
Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 AM
nfa
Teching In

My car is an LT1! The axle is bent, i believe.. the passenger side wheel is "toe'd" in a a couple of inches. Backed the rear end into turn 3 at mosport on saturday. Serves me right for not respecting the track in the rain.

Auto or 6-speed? I have a 2.73 diff just laying around! It was my factory original.

I also have 4 spare axles, if you simply need an axle (if the housing isn't bent, although I'm assuming it is?). Actually, I have another spare housing too!! (it's from an LT1, but you just bolt on your LS1 backing plates ... no sweat). It doesn't have a carrier, but you could swap yours in.

I ALSO have a set of Edelbrock boxed LCA's, currently in my car, but I may be replacing them with rod-ended ones next year for road-racing (poly-ended ones apparently aren't good for twisty stuff ... who knew?!) ... if you're interested!

Hooper's diff is probably better though, 'cause I think it's packing 3.73's, isn't it???
Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey, welcome to the club!!!

I went off at the top of the back straight, just going into Turn 8, at the start of this month!! Except I went nose first (more like, front left corner first) into the tire wall, and then the back of the car slid in, so it sort of "side-swiped" the wall! Oh, but first, it launched off the corner curbing on the inside of T8, which effectively destroyed the K-member, the steering rack, a lower A-arm, and the headers! Oh, and the oil pan must be cracked, 'cause it's leaking a little bit. Fun stuff, eh??

Last edited by Cap'n Pete; 10-29-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anyway, as far as the diff goes, the bare housing was from a '96 TA, and all 4 spare axles I have are from LT1 cars as well (I actually have my factory LS1 axles in the car still, although the housing was originally an LT1 housing, with a 3-series Auburn carrier, vs. my factory 2-series Torsen). Chances are there's nothing wrong with your carrier, so you could just pull the diff out, swap the internals and the axles, and be on your way again. I wouldn't expect much for that stuff ... basically make me an offer.

As far as LCA's, if you're into doing the road-race thing, you wouldn't want the poly-ended LCA's either (I had them for drag racing, but plan on installing rod-ended ones for next year). However, I still have my factory ones in a box. They had relatively low mileage on them and the bushings are still fine. Apparently they're better suited to twisties than the poly-ended aftermarket arms! Again, they're sitting in my loft collecting dust, so they're yours if the price is right!!! (and trust me, the price is right! )

I'll also be swapping to an adjustable PHB next year, so in case yours is bent and you want a cheap factory replacement (if you're trying to do the repair on a budget .....)

Let me know!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
nfa
Teching In

Ouch. I feel your pain, man. Until the "incident".. it was fun. Saturday was an overall crappy day and it was like a skating rink in the fog out there. I was being held up by a pair of rx-7's and my instructor tells me to overtake them (they had signalled) coming out of 3... probably not the best place to do so (i kind of blame him for that, esp given the conditions), but obviously, i was the driver and i made the mistake which led to the crash. Too much throttle which caused the passenger side to slide around, steered to the right to try and correct, then had to steer left as the pendulum started and then the passenger side slide into the concrete wall. Rear quarter panel and bumper are shot. Wheel is gone and the axle/panhard bar/control arm is likely bent too.

So now im left with the dilemma of where do I go from here? Just bought a house and want to get married soon, so funds are tight. The plan for now is do nothing, but i might try and fix it at a later point until driveable (wheel is rubbing the inside) and leave the body work alone, strip it, and it turn it into a track only car. I really dont want to scrap the car b/c i have been through A LOT with it and i have a strong emotional attachment to it, but i know its not worth diddly right now and dont want to invest a ton of money to get it back to its formerly pristine shape.

Hey, welcome to the club!!!

I went off at the top of the back straight, just going into Turn 8, at the start of this month!! Except I went nose into the tire wall, and then the back of the car slid in, so it sort of "side-swiped" the wall! Oh, but first, it launched off the corner curbing on the inside of T8, which effectively destroyed the K-member, the steering rack, a lower A-arm, and the headers! Oh, and the oil pan must be cracked, 'cause it's leaking a little bit. Fun stuff, eh??
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
nfa
Teching In

I will let you know what Iwant to do in the spring.. hopefully, nobody has grabbed that stuff by then hehe. I'll pass on the panhard bar tho, since i have my stocker at home still. I had my aluminum rod-ended bar on at the time (its probably bent due to the crash).

Anyway, as far as the diff goes, the bare housing was from a '96 TA, and all 4 spare axles I have are from LT1 cars as well (I actually have my factory LS1 axles in the car still, although the housing was originally an LT1 housing, with a 3-series Auburn carrier, vs. my factory 2-series Torsen). Chances are there's nothing wrong with your carrier, so you could just pull the diff out, swap the internals and the axles, and be on your way again. I wouldn't expect much for that stuff ... basically make me an offer.

As far as LCA's, if you're into doing the road-race thing, you wouldn't want the poly-ended LCA's either (I had them for drag racing, but plan on installing rod-ended ones for next year). However, I still have my factory ones in a box. They had relatively low mileage on them and the bushings are still fine. Apparently they're better suited to twisties than the poly-ended aftermarket arms! Again, they're sitting in my loft collecting dust, so they're yours if the price is right!!! (and trust me, the price is right! )

I'll also be swapping to an adjustable PHB next year, so in case yours is bent and you want a cheap factory replacement (if you're trying to do the repair on a budget .....)

Let me know!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

^ ^ bummer, dude!!

I know what you mean about the "emotional attachment" to the car ..... I've had mine since day 1, so I definitely feel it! Heck, I've had 5 different ratios in the diff, a couple of them in and out more than once! Drag raced (just T&T) a bunch of times for fun, FINALLY ran the "almighty 12's" for the first time this year, but not before blowing the factory 4L60E, and then swapping over to the T56 LAST YEAR! (of course, as a direct result of racing up at the DDT) ..... and now that I've gotten pretty committed to running in the SoloSprint series, I've gotten the competitive itch, and that bloody "itch" is what led to the most recent "incident"!! But what do ya do, right?? Throw in the towel?! Heck no!! Insert quarters and keep playing!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nfa
next spring would be perfect, actually. ive parked the car for the winter and dont want to even look at it until next year. details? i.e. what diff, gear, condition and price? pm me pls!
If the deal falls through with Pete, pm me in the spring.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hooper
If the deal falls through with Pete, pm me in the spring.
Finally time to step up to the 12-bolt??
Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Finally time to step up to the 12-bolt??
With the Loonie at 1.04US, now's the time to buy. I'll probably drive down and have it installed in the States.

Quick Reply: wtb: 10 bolt rear end, bumper, passenger rear qtr panel