11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Finally did it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally did it!!!

After running in the 12's for the past two years, and mind you I don't go to the track but like twice a year, I finally go the 11 today. Temp at Lapeer was like 54 and it was nice and sunny. I've never felt that car hook like it did today. Anyway, ran 4 times, first one sucked 12.73, then ran 12.04 then finally 11.824 at 118.4. Best 60' time yet also, 1.699. Tried to do it again, but they screw the lights up and the track and only got 12.025. Last time out this year, so it was a very good day.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly how you feel sounds just like my car and I also just hit 11s last weekend. Nice mph as well, next spring we'll have to go to Ubly together its 10000X nicer than Lapeer and their timing is more accurate.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroitmuscle
I know exactly how you feel sounds just like my car and I also just hit 11s last weekend. Nice mph as well, next spring we'll have to go to Ubly together its 10000X nicer than Lapeer and their timing is more accurate.

That sounds good. I've also been down to Miland and they have a real nice track. Much better than that cow pasture I was at today. I also was told today by the tech guy (if you can call him that) that after I ran that 12.04 I couldn't run again because I didn't have a scattershield on my car. Said I was too fast. First time anybody's told me that. I told him I only had one or two more runs to try and get that 11 and he let me go. As I was leaving, he told me to get the scattersheild for next year. I've been there for the last two or three years. Two or three weeks ago when it was hot as hell out there, I was running 12.26 - 12.60's and he never said a word to me. Wonder what got into him. When I came back from that 12.04 run, my son came up and said the guy wanted to see me. I don't know this guy from adam and he's the one who checks the cars in. He never looked under my car, how did he even know I didn't have a scattershield on it. Oh well, i'll have one next year as I think I smoked the clutch 2 weeks ago and it just held together for today.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah they have been very picky lately my buddys bone stock C5 vert got kicked out for running low 13s with no roll bar. Not a bad 60' either for that track I could only cut 1.75s there and went to Ubly and cut consistent 1.67s Got and vids or pics of the car?