View Full Version : Noisey front suspension, what should I look for?

WICKED SS
10-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Well to start out heres the list of suspension mods done to the car, its a 98 btw
Kenny Brown Sub Frame Connector
Eibach Springs (lowered one inch)
Bilstein Shocks
1LE Anti-Sway Bars
Prothane Bushings & Endlinks
BMR Lower Control Arms

I had the upper/lower A arm bushing changed back to stock since everyone that I talked to said they would most likely be the reason for the noise. Its hard to describe the noise, it doesnt sound like a metal clunk kind of noise its more like a squeaking noise. Anytime I go over a bump the car makes a loud noise, reminds me of my old Chevelle when I first got it. So I really dont know what I should change or what it could be?
:bang:
Thanks

robertbartsch
10-29-2007, 08:59 AM
what about grease; did you apply synthetic grease to the poly stuff; this makes a big difference.

VIP1
10-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Check out this sticky:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6864701&postcount=2

WICKED SS
11-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Thanks

In order to correctly grease them I need to remove all the bushing from the front sway bar right?

SS DNA
11-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey bro I got the same problem, Some times when I go over bump stops, I get this squeaking noise from the front of the car, It sounds like its like just when my front suspension goes up and down.

If you find a solution let me know.

Out1aw
11-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Well to start out heres the list of suspension mods done to the car, its a 98 btw
Kenny Brown Sub Frame Connector
Eibach Springs (lowered one inch)
Bilstein Shocks
1LE Anti-Sway Bars
Prothane Bushings & Endlinks
BMR Lower Control Arms

I had the upper/lower A arm bushing changed back to stock since everyone that I talked to said they would most likely be the reason for the noise. Its hard to describe the noise, it doesnt sound like a metal clunk kind of noise its more like a squeaking noise. Anytime I go over a bump the car makes a loud noise, reminds me of my old Chevelle when I first got it. So I really dont know what I should change or what it could be?
:bang:
Thanks

Mine started doing the same on a bone stock front suspension with new shocks (replacement Monroes) as soon as I added my front sway bar. Those polyeurethane end links do make a bit more noise than the stock end links.