View Full Version : Who hates spending money on their car?

jetlag
10-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Buyer's regret!

Just ordered a Sunoco hood since the discount price on them is so nice.

Ugh, my bank account feels so abused and violated. :(

Oh well, at least the hood will look bad ass!

KriegerEhre
10-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm tired of spending money just to keep my Formula lt1 running! - ontop of the hours and hours of work. . . .I'm like 1,500 just in replacing parts that where abused by previous owner.

hell this weekend i finally replaced the gastank and fuel pump to my car since the previous owner pretty much f-ed that thing up by drilling holes into it to "replace" the fuel pump. . .such a horrible idea.

streetassasin
10-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I love to spend money on mods
Hate to spend it on maintance/replacemant parts

thislswon
10-29-2007, 05:24 PM

read my mind!!!!!!!

LSfast1
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM

werd. except i'm not the biggest fan of spending money on mods. yeah they are fun but you're never gonna get your money back

BLK85
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM

:stupid: Except sometimes I still do have buyers remorse after I buy stuff, Im like why did I buy that its stupid etc, but then when I get and installed and figure out how much I like it, im ok with it then.

jetlag
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
werd. except i'm not the biggest fan of spending money on mods. yeah they are fun but you're never gonna get your money back

That is what upsets me the most. :(

LS14U2NV
10-29-2007, 05:47 PM
i do cause i get sad when i see my back account. it takes my awhile to build it up then i spend, build it up again then spend it again. but after my lt's and duals i should be able to build it back up for awhile. only thing after that should just be back up for in case anything goes wrong with it.

WS6NIGHTMARE
10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Doesnt matter if its a repair or upgrade part, I have a hard time buying nowadays. I realized this the other day when I purchased a $500 plane ticket with no reservations , doubts, or hangups. Then I went to buy my bottle heater...$125 on sale....I sat with that window open for about 3 hours before I pulled the trigger.

Maybe with my somewhat older age I realize Im spending alot of money on something that Ill never see again, Im finally seeing it as a bad investment, but I dont buy it for the investment purposes, I try to justify it as the price of fun, of the hobby. It kinda works. Maybe Im getting old.

jetlag
10-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Doesnt matter if its a repair or upgrade part, I have a hard time buying nowadays. I realized this the other day when I purchased a $500 plane ticket with no reservations , doubts, or hangups. Then I went to buy my bottle heater...$125 on sale....I sat with that window open for about 3 hours before I pulled the trigger.

Maybe with my somewhat older age I realize Im spending alot of money on something that Ill never see again, Im finally seeing it as a bad investment, but I dont buy it for the investment purposes, I try to justify it as the price of fun, of the hobby. It kinda works. Maybe Im getting old.

I do the same thing.

Just sit there looking at the order menu wondering if I really want to press the button.

slowmofo
10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
i hate spending money on this thing, to many small things to fix..

oh and a tranny, rear end and 3 a/c compressors is taking its toll..

WECIV
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I keep 'em stock and drive the crap out of them. Not as fast as all of y'all's but I have other things to spend money on!!! But, my buddies cars with 400 and 500 at the rear wheels make me feel like I am driving a Kia, LOL.

W

djsanchez2
10-29-2007, 06:35 PM

:werd:

1meantransam
10-29-2007, 07:06 PM
:werd:

IBTHAT

RedRocketZ28
10-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I regretted buying my car. I only pay $207 a month too. After an hour of driving it though I got over that. Then I regretted buying my LT's and ORY. After I got on it with the cutout open though I had a huge smile on my face. It's an expensive hobby, but some people spend money on dumber shit than we do.

SchultzLT1
10-29-2007, 10:07 PM
I regretted buying my car. I only pay $207 a month too. After an hour of driving it though I got over that. Then I regretted buying my LT's and ORY. After I got on it with the cutout open though I had a huge smile on my face. It's an expensive hobby, but some people spend money on dumber shit than we do.

I hear that, like people who smoke pot everyday.... that is rediculously expensive.

jetlag
10-29-2007, 10:33 PM
I hear that, like people who smoke pot everyday.... that is rediculously expensive.

Or people with girlfriends.

HAH :(

HoLLo
10-29-2007, 11:19 PM

I like spending money on replacement parts that will actually help the car feel new again. Replacement parts for the hell of it, or wear parts sucks.

Almostryan3
10-29-2007, 11:43 PM

Never get your money back for buying food either...

WS6NIGHTMARE
10-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Never get your money back for buying food either...

:lol: Bad comparison. Food is kind of a must, like air...good thing they dont charge for that...yet.

Brian2006
10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
The sunoco is overrated.... Everyone has one now :devil:

jetlag
10-30-2007, 03:28 AM
The sunoco is overrated.... Everyone has one now :devil:

Not in my area.

Almostryan3
10-30-2007, 04:46 AM
But mods are a must too....

AronZ28
10-30-2007, 05:02 AM
I hate spending money on stuff that breaks or wears out.

Replacing crappy monsoon radio junk=teh suck

Repainting hood because previous owner hit a deer and the paint was flaking off from a really shitty job=bullshit

Replacing headlights with aftermarket ones because of hazing. Replacing aftermarket lights again after 1 year because of the same problem:barf:

streetassasin
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
How bout when you buy a $10k car and it spins a motherfucking bearing less than 24 hrs after you bought it. FFUUCCKK!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed::boiling::bash::kali:

bjamick
10-30-2007, 09:26 AM
How bout when you buy a $10k car and it spins a motherfucking bearing less than 24 hrs after you bought it. FFUUCCKK!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed::boiling::bash::kali:

WOW you must have beat the hell outta that car after you got it!!! Or you didn't test drive how your supposed to :judge:.. When i test drive a car i go WOT to 100mph. I figure if its gunna break or make any type of weird noise it would be in that time.

streetassasin
10-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I drove it home from 350ish miles away, was cruising on the highway at 75 yesterday went to 0 oil pressure for no reason got it towed home checked the oil and found metal shavings

Bitemark46
10-30-2007, 09:30 AM
....I sat with that window open for about 3 hours before I pulled the trigger.

HAHA. I'm not just the only one. :jest: I do that too. Then after I buy it, I 2nd guess myself for getting it......... until the ups man drops it off then I'm as giddy as a school girl. :rotflmao:

But I really hate replacing/buying aftermarket parts to replace aftermarket parts that broke. That pisses me off. I'm about to put my 4th clutch in my car and just replaced my upper control arms for the 3rd time. -Mark

jetlag
10-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Replacing headlights with aftermarket ones because of hazing. Replacing aftermarket lights again after 1 year because of the same problem:barf:

Start waxing your head lights.

AronZ28
10-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Start waxing your head lights.

Or don't buy cheap pos ebay junk ones.