Sponsored by:

Contemplating my first LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Contemplating my first LS1

Hey gang,

I've been poking around here for a little while now trying to soak up as much info. as I can. I've been contemplating the purchase of an LS1 TA / Camaro, and just thought I would ask some basic questions.

Can I get a quick rundown on the changes from 98 - 02? From my time on Corvetteforum, I believe there were some upgrades made in 2001 (very minor). I would assume that this would hold true for the TA/Camaro's as well? Are there any known problems / recalls with any year in particular? What are some common known ailements to be on the look out for?

I've spotted a local for sale by owner: 2000 Trans Am with 41,000 miles. Only mods are a CAI, exhaust, and WS6 hood (comes with the stocker as well), always garaged and stored in the winter. Seller is asking $12K (within a few hundred dollars of KBB). Seems like a pretty good deal to me. What do you guys think? I'm a buyer for a living, so we'll see if I can't negotiate down a tad more.

Looking forward to your helpful responses. I just might pull the trigger, which will have me spending every waking minute on the forums (and every last penny on mods)!!! (corvetteforum doesn't have a pimp icon - this site must be better).
Old 10-31-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get started here, its almost everything you could want to know about LS1's

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrp-s-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html

bonus points its a sticky!