Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Duralast LT1 pressure plate not made by Valeo???

Old 11-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duralast LT1 pressure plate not made by Valeo???

i just went and got an autozone clutch kit for my LT1 T56 but the pressure plate is not a Valeo?!?!?!? the only numbers on this thing are "C70043" cast into the aluminum and there is a "211" stamped on the fingers. it is an LT4 type plate but im kinda scared to use it since its not a Valeo.

does anybody know which autoparts store cheap kit actually comes with a Valeo LT4 pressure plate? im using a different disk to make an actual good clutch kit but cant find the right pressure plate.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I once say a clutch from Advance auto parts with a pressure plate that did not say Valeo. Tuned out to be some Chinese made knock off that had more pressure than the actual Valeo PP. It was however never installed. If I remeber right it had a pink on the aluminum cover dot and looked exactly the same minus the Valeo logo.

Every Autozone clutch I have seen had the genuine Valeo PP.

Post some pictures.
Dont know what to tell ya'.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Teching In

alrighty heres what ive found so far... advance auto, Oreilleys auto, and autozone all use this pressure plate with the number C70043 on it. the thing is not balanced and looks like a knock off but it is the LT4 design. i have a 96 corvette LT4 clutch kit ordered thru advance auto and it will be here tomorrow for me to look at. hopefully that will be the correct plate. it was $254 for the entire kit before tax. what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Duralast LT1 pressure plate not made by Valeo???-pressure_plate_c70043.jpg  
Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Teching In

just as an update. NONE of the cheaper clutch kits come with the valeo pressure plate anymore. its a cheap non balanced knock off. ive checked them all. if you buy the 96 corvette lt4 clutch kit from advance auto it has the valeo pp but the wrong throwout bearing. if you want a valeo pressure plate youre just going to have to buy the actual entire valeo brand clutch kit to get it. thats what i just had to do and im going to swap out the disk for a mcleod 100 series. its still way cheaper than a stock name brand or high end clutch kit.

as for the valeo lt4 pp being the standard for all high end clutches that might be true for most of but not all. Spec is the only one that has proven they use different spring fingers than the valeo pp. if you search on here you will find the thread. but no others have proven that they dont just use the stock valeo pp
Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to bump an old *** thread but I got my Ram Powergrip and it has the C70043 casting number on it too.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Launching!

My Mcleod MCL360822 has this casting as well.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to add to this thread, I just had my textralia clutch shell on me and bought a advanced auto clutch till I get a monster. It's the perfection series made by zoom. While it does not handle the power of my car, it does drive really nice. Very smooth, I think it would make a nice stock replacement. It says made it china on the disc and PP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Duralast LT1 pressure plate not made by Valeo???