Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser spring perch issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser spring perch issue

I am having an issue with the passenger side spring perch on my Moser. Seems the spring's rubber base that sits on the perch wants to come off. It is sliding off the perch towards the back of the car causing the spring to not sit right. I have removed it checked it all out reinstalled but after a bit of driving it does the same thing. I am thinking the perch itself is to small for the rubber foot. Anyone else have any issues like this?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't reinstall the rubber on a lot of the cars we install 9 inch rears on. I'd take the rubber out and see if there is any added noise and if there is, is the added noise acceptable to you. Bob
Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or more simply I could reinstall the springs rightside up LOL. I am feeling kinda stupid but I had them in with the rubber foot on the perch and the small side of the spring up top (on the body of the car). We flipped them at the track this morning in 15 minutes car worked great all day.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JFM-jr
Or more simply I could reinstall the springs rightside up LOL. I am feeling kinda stupid but I had them in with the rubber foot on the perch and the small side of the spring up top (on the body of the car). We flipped them at the track this morning in 15 minutes car worked great all day.
Awesome, glad to hear it was a simple fix. Bob